//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200x front hub question

--

200x front hub question

I'm putting new bearings and seals in my first gen.front hub and the brake rotor side went down farther than I thought it should be. It went at least a heavy 1/8 inch in past flush. This can't be normal. Thoughts?

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_161043.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	260180 here's a picture of it

--
    Do you know “exactly” what machine that front hub came off of?
    83-85 200x
    86/87 200x
    350x
    83-84 250r
    The hubs are all close but are not the same, I’ve seen eBay sellers list them for all three.
    It gets confusing,
    Is the bearing spacer in there?
    Did the spacer and hub come from the same place?
    Trying to help but maybe I shouldn’t (I don’t own 83-85) I just went through something similiar recently.

Shep
    The frame looks nice!

--
    Thanks shep and that's a damn good question and point. The front forks were definitely first gen 200x but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean the hub was. Man it sure looks like it though. I went up to the barn and my other x roller was flush. I did put the pipe back in. the crazy thing is it's all the Same stuff when I disassembled it. Clymer manuals aren't that good but it did show the exploded view. Back to the drawing board

--
    Your probably fine, as I remember one side of the hub has a bearing stop(can’t go any further in) then spacer from opposite side drops in/ then press other bearing in (snug but not tight) against spacer. The seals don’t necesssarily butt against the bearings, actually any space that’s left I just smear grease into.
    Don’t screw up your new bearings/ if The old hub came apart as one assembly your most likely fine just don’t push that seal in so far. You’ll find out soon enough as the bike goes together if the hubs not right.

Shep

--
    Ok, so should I slide that seal outward? Like you said I'll know soon enough.

--
    Very carefully, “if” u can get it out flush or inward just a hair...the front axle “collars” ride against those seals, ya I’d try to pull it out a bit, maybe a wide flat blade screwdriver in different spots slowly.??? New seal probably has enough flex not to hurt it anyway

Shep

--
    That's what I'll do then. Thanks a million shep! I'll let you know how it works out in the next day or so.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //