//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 200x kicker gear issue

--

1985 200x kicker gear issue

I have a 1985 honda atc 200x that has the issue with the kicker gear. Can anyone help with the solutions to fix it? It doesn't matter if I have to break the case because I have the time and resources to do so. I just need some answers for when I start to take it apart.

--
    I think another engine had a stronger spring or heavier ratchet teeth or something like that. The XL/XR 200 motorcyle comes to mind. Can't recall the exact details but might get you in the right direction, or maybe someone else can recall what I'm thinking of. If it's slipping, it's likely the ratchet teeth, or possibly weak spring.

--
    I have a couple kicker kits still in stock that will resolve the issue, if you want to pm me for a price . This was a major problem and was actually a recall back in the day . The kit will come with 2 new old stock ratchet gears and a new old stock Heavy duty ratchet spring all new in sealed packages .
    The original springs were not made strong enough and a few hard kick backs when trying to start the machine would wear out the teeth quickly .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    I had used a spacer and had my gear back cut. Never slipped once with a high compression piston in it. My shims I bought off a guy on here about 8 or so years ago.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //