//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Atc 350x rebuild. Help and suggestions

--
    Nice build!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--

Atc 350x rebuild. Help and suggestions

I’ll leave this here but here’s some pics of my new rotors. (Pads as well and some stainless hardware ) They seem legit. Bolted up no problem and look nicer. My rear was bent , that’s how this started. Well I think my build is done. Hopefully this motor breaks in nice and quits smoking lol. Wish me luck and I’ll see you all at the invasion.
    Old vs new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Shawn Powell; 11-22-2019 at 09:54 PM.

--
    Nice work bud! Great to see someone invest that kind of money in a motor, I've done it a few times, lol.

Anyhow, that motor should not smoke 1 bit. I've built a few of these and there is a ring break in period, but I never had any smoke.

Are you sure you got all the rings right?? Sometimes it's easy to make a small mistake with 4 stroke rings as you have 5 gaps to stagger...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    5 rings ? Your scaring me! There’s only three on the wiseco , 2 compression one oil. Guys at race tech say it takes about a tank of gas. It only does it while cold. Once warmed up it’s fine. Seemed to do it a lot less by the end of this weekend. I’ll keep an eye on it. I staggered the rings how wiseco said to and checked the ring gap before install.

--
    No there’s 5 rings and three ring slots. 2 compression, 1 oil expander and 2 oil rail rings for a total of 5. The oil rail rings sit above and below the oil expander ring in the third ring slot. If you missed putting the oil rail rings in, well, that sucks.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    No there’s 5 rings and three ring slots. 2 compression, 1 oil expander and 2 oil rail rings for a total of 5. The oil rail rings sit above and below the oil expander ring in the third ring slot. If you missed putting the oil rail rings in, well, that sucks.
    Ok, that makes more sense. Then I’m good lol. I count the oil ring assembly as one ring but I see what you mean.

--

So I disassembled my fresh engine and I somehow managed to screw my oil ring joint stagger up. Fixed it. Started it a few times. No more oil smoke. Amazing. What a dummy I am. Also bought a new old tire from SCarr, and got some new heavier springs from race tech. Upon starting it up today I heard an exhaust leak. Figured it was from my gasket, wasn’t, there’s a break in a weld on my header. So I’m probably going to buy an HRE header and a LEXX muffler for a 450r. I’ll post pics up when I get em.
    Half of my exhaust is here and the other half is on the way. Hopefully have it next week.

Last edited by Shawn Powell; 12-19-2019 at 08:34 PM.

--

So I finally got around to installing my new exhaust. Header is an HRE. Muffler is a 2007 450r Honda LEXX from Rocky Mountain Atv. It’s a pretty direct bolt on. I did have to purchase a gasket collar for a 2005 450r , but the muffler is a 2007 -2014. I also had to relocate / replace the rear brake master cylinder feed line from the reservoir (12$ stainless wrapped line from my local aircraft supply shop). The header comes with a second mount that bolts to the frame I wasn’t able to use because it mounts in the same spot as my nerf bars. Still feels pretty solid.
    As far as performance holy heck Batman. It pulls WAY harder in the middle and bottom. This is possibly because I bought and installed a performance needle for my carb and raised the clip 1 spot up from where it was. I had a DG system and the LEXX is way quieter even without the quiet core insert. It’s a tad long and hits my six pack rack so I guess that’s going in the shed. But I’m pretty stoked. Here’s some pics.Questions or comments let me know.

Last edited by Shawn Powell; 01-18-2020 at 11:20 PM.

--
    Your gonna burn up you rear master. Relocate it lower / or in the air box.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //