//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Suggestions needed - something to use as the mud flap around the rear fenders?

--

Suggestions needed - something to use as the mud flap around the rear fenders?

Hi all,

I have been refurbishing (not restoring), a 1982 185s this year. I am wondering what i could use/cut to re-create something similar to the black plastic mud flap that wraps around the rear fender. Anyone done this? Suggestions? Attachment 260349Attachment 260349
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2587 w.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	260350  
    Last edited by Jwilloug; 10-17-2019 at 05:24 PM.

--
    You could use some of that rubber roof membrane, actual rubber like tire tubes not the tar style. Or this is out of the box but if familiar with argos they have an accessory kit of hdpe plastic mud flaps that would be large enough to get you're mud flaps cut from.

--
    ok thank you! I appreciate the ideas!!

--
    Could also look for large truck mud flaps to cut them out from. The rubber roof membrane is generally pretty thin so I'd think it would be pretty floppy but maybe glue like 3 layers together?

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191018_234127.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	260407
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190816_234207.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	260410
    I have an 82 atc185s as well. I used some truck mud flaps and bolted to the fenders. Works great but I I did have to tie the mud flaps to my rack because it flopped too much.

--
    have a thin plasic laser cut and bolt into place.

--
    I made a REALLY nice set from a Hoosier drag slick. Wide, soft, pliable and no steel belts. Pretty easy to work with and when finished....you won't live long enough to wear them out.

The natural arch will lay right down on the fender if you do it right.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Nice looking trike! One thing, if those gas tank decals aren't perforated, they will bubble and peel off after a few rides due to the tank being plastic.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    In replacing the fender/mud flap extensions on Yamahas, I find the sheet rubber flooring sold at boat shops, especially for deck boats, matches the stiffness of factory material, especially for the rear.
    For the lower extension on front of some tri-motos, the stiffer truck mud-flap material might suit you better, and often a wire support was provided beneath any forward extension. Extend the life of either by using large washers on the underside to increase the clamping area.
    A lot of shops recover these deck boats and may have some used pieces you can get for nothing.
    good luck
    John in Texas

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //