//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2020 imperial invasion

--
    As normal it didn’t happen if there is no pics lol. Let us know how it goes you taking your own bikes out?
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    I'm getting ready to pop my sandbox cherry this winter. My wife and I aligned our trip with some seasoned veterans to avoid mistakes, I cant wait to meet my west coast friends. And of course, cant wait to see Nico again.
    Sorry Joe, I've have to back out this year. My dad has been in and out of the hospital for the last few months and I can't be more than 24 hours from a flight North and a clean suit until he either has a miraculous recovery (not expected, but we can still pray), or cashes out.

On the upside, I've been in contact with a few friends about getting a 2021 caravan together (relax, I'll be the only Mexican in it) and hopefully that plan won't get interrupted by life.

I'm sure you'll have a blast out there, the people and the dunes are equally awesome. Make sure you lookup Hairy Jr., Jwheeler and Jb2wheels as they may not have been to TF in the past. Sorry if I missed anyone, but if I did I'm sure Hairy Jr. will help you with the meet and greets.

Be safe driving both ways and hopefully you test my trike next year
    Last edited by El Camexican; 01-23-2020 at 07:18 PM.

--
    I'm sorry to hear that Nico, I hope he makes that miraculous recovery. Rumor has it a certain St Louis Blues fan is going to try for 2021 also.

My 450 is narrowed up for a ride on the Sanchez Express, my wife and I are going to fly out and back. A friend and I drove from NJ to LA and back in 7 days last winter, I'm not looking to repeat that for a little while
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191231_104259.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	261355

Name:	20191231_104305.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	261356
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Thanks Joe, and yes I do believe there will be one, maybe even two Blues fans out there in 2021. Might be fun to have ALL hockey fans bring their respective jerseys out for a group photo and ride. I could probably get a Canadian paper to publish the photo.

I remember the 2018 Sanchez cannonball run, is he still hauling with the old Ford?

--
    Nico first and foremost sorry to hear about your father. The wife and I will keep him in our prayers. Family always comes first.

So wanted to ride again with my dual boarder jumper. Love the Tri-z build.

"HJ" Name:  oldfogey.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  1.2 KB
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post

Name:	20191231_104305.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	261356
    I loaded your trike into my trailer Saturday. Your chain is seriously roached.
    Is it your intention to run it all week like that? Cause it looks like it's going to launch itself into your side case in about 2 minutes.

If I were you, I'd get a chain and sprockets into the mailbox of one of our west coast brethern, pronto!

--
    We are camping at Roadrunner this year.
    Someone posted elsewhere that one of the most convenient things about camping at Glamis (vs Gordons) is being able to ride your trike a short distance to the Glamis store.
    I jumped on Googlemaps today to try to get a lay of the land. It says it is 12 miles from Roadrunner to Glamis Beach Store.
    What gives?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    We are camping at Roadrunner this year.
    Someone posted elsewhere that one of the most convenient things about camping at Glamis (vs Gordons) is being able to ride your trike a short distance to the Glamis store.
    I jumped on Googlemaps today to try to get a lay of the land. It says it is 12 miles from Roadrunner to Glamis Beach Store.
    What gives?
    Sounds about right, roadrunner is kind of the other corner of glamis than the beach store. If you were in the washes you’d be a quick ride away. There are vendors at the beginning of gecko, closer. Or you can jump in a truck and take the road. I’ve been to both Gordon’s and stayed all over glamis over the years , were in a good spot IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    Thanks, Shawn. Good info!
    What day will you be arriving?
    There are four of us driving down from Vegas on Monday 2/24.

--
    I can confirm - 86T3 - Honeyman - you need to do something with that chain. It would be a huge deal if your first trip out was ruined by a derailed chain going thru a case. If I can help in anyway, let me know. Also, have you ever lubed a chain with honey? Seems it might work in a pinch.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    Thanks, Shawn. Good info!
    What day will you be arriving?
    There are four of us driving down from Vegas on Monday 2/24.
    I’ll be arriving Friday the 21st, night , probably in the dark if history tells us anything and I’ll be leaving Monday around noon. Hopefully I’ll catch you before I leave.

--
    Certainly the mother of all dunes will test the limits of all man & machine.Best to have the basics in your corner. Looking out for everyone means IMPERIAL INVASION .
    If needed
    P.m. me for Arizona delivery address.
    Departing before the 19th

M.

--
    The chain has been addressed. I'm embarrassed I missed that. JustBen let me know about it when Sanchez picked it up. 9 days till wheels up, I'm pretty pumped. Anyone know if the infamous Glamy will be there?
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

cbx1170 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    i cant get on invasion page and post but i will be there sometime friday mike need to find a small spot for my truck.
    TIME TO STRETCH THE RODS
    ROLL THAT BEAUTIFUL BEAN FOOTAGE

--
    I’m headed out in a few hours. Everyone’s gonna post up down at the end of gecko , road runner correct? Thanks and see you guys there.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //