//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250cc motor in a ATC 200? Is it Possible or am I getting Scammed?

--

250cc motor in a ATC 200? Is it Possible or am I getting Scammed?

Hi Everyone,

Beginner quad rider here - so my buddies have 300c quads at my friends place in the dessert and I've been eyeing the ATCs for a long while now.

Been waiting for a good deal - I'm okay with either 200cc or 250cc - and one that's ready to ride and not require too much work.

So somebody on offerup listed a "1982 Honda 250cc"
    Here's the link if anybody is interested: https://offerup.com/item/detail/755497907/

It's clearly a 185 or 200 based on the tank and saddle, but the seller is claiming that "it was converted to a 250cc."

Besides boring it out, can you actually fit a 250cc motor in a 200 frame? Or is the seller mis-informed?

Thanks for the help!

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingTampon View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Beginner quad rider here - so my buddies have 300c quads at my friends place in the dessert and I've been eyeing the ATCs for a long while now.

Been waiting for a good deal - I'm okay with either 200cc or 250cc - and one that's ready to ride and not require too much work.

So somebody on offerup listed a "1982 Honda 250cc"
    Here's the link if anybody is interested: https://offerup.com/item/detail/755497907/

It's clearly a 185 or 200 based on the tank and saddle, but the seller is claiming that "it was converted to a 250cc."

Besides boring it out, can you actually fit a 250cc motor in a 200 frame? Or is the seller mis-informed?

Thanks for the help!
    Looks like a 185s or 200s to me maybe it has some motor work but def not a 250cc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    Looks like a 185s or 200s to me maybe it has some motor work but def not a 250cc

Btw might want to put that fire out before it burns your cat

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //