//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Baja Mini bike

--
    The fuel tank being in the back, the normal gas tank location needs something. ....gather up the scraps!!!

This will house a small 12v battery, regulator/rectifier and much of the wiring. I can drill into the frame from the inside and route wires where they won't be seen AND use the aluminum lid for switches and whatnot.

MUCH finish work to do....

I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Made some support strut for the tank to keep it from vibrating....

Good place to hang some dummy grenades....Dude you must be planing a cross Baja trip, that’s a long drink of petro’ amigo.

--
    It's done and I think it turned out ok when one considers it's 95% leftover or homemade parts. I'm in this for about $250 total cash.
    I think I nailed the color for the engine too; 70's Cadillac gold. Like any old caddy, smooth but not to be underestimated. Them old boats would sail and so will this one. BUT, it's extremely gentle and a VERY smooth power curve. I would have thought doubling the HP of the original engine and adding a 5 speed tranny would have made for a mean ride but this is pretty cushy. Well, as much as a rigid rear can be.

My homemade exhaust & muffler worked out nice and sounds really deep for such a small engine. Front brake conversion (never had fronts from factory) was a VERY wise decision.

--
    Road trip planned?
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Heck yeah road trip...LOL!!

I didn't realize it until I was balls deep into the build....that right side can is gonna get toasty sitting over that muffler. BUT, it all works out. One could toss a hot pocket and a can of chicken noodle off in there and have a hot meal at some roadside rest stop. HA!!!!!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    Good place to hang some dummy grenades....Dude you must be planing a cross Baja trip, that’s a long drink of petro’ amigo.
    The tank is off (I think) an old Wisconsin engine. Could be wrong. It fit and was cheap. Since it sits almost level with the carb, gravity feed wouldn't be none too reliable so I used a pulse driven fuel pump that is fed from the crankcase vent. I put a T in the line that connects the two with a rubber cap. I'm observing as I ride. If I find an over pressure situation I can slowly open up a hole in the rubber cap for a dump vent and lower the pressure. Thus far I have seen NO issues though.

Talk about a long drink....Between the fuel line, filter, pump and what the carb itself holds....it'll run for two laps around my field with the gas shut off. LOL

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //