//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Muscle cars

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Farrow View Post
    As far as Underrated......
    I have always liked the AMC's Javelin / AMX / Rebels.
    The Mercury Cyclone's are kick ass as well.

But with that being said....I've always been a Big Block Chevy fan. It's a Chevelle or nothing.

Throw up a pic of your chevelle Joe.
    Hey sorry we couldn’t hook up this weekend, rolled into Crossville a few hours ago. Enjoying this TN rain.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Crazy timing for this post, I just pulled my Nova out of storage yesterday! It's been there for years, I got it out and rolled it down the street to a friend who's going to work on it this summer. I'm I 100% agreement with Gabriel, resto models is the way to go. I'm putting a pro touring suspension in, an ls motor, 6 speed and a ro cage so I can have a safer option than the lap belts it previously had. Oh yea, I want AC too.

For recommendations I have to go with what I love, 1st gen novas. They are still undervalued. There was a gorgeous stock looking 63 convertible on FB for $16k today. You can still get project cars for a couple grand. The bolt on aftermarket options are incredible, and growing. They're light and good looking too.

If you're willing to venture away from cars, take a look at the 47-55 GM trucks. They are also extremely undervalued compared to other trucks and their are a ton out their. Built or stock. They fit onto an 10th frame, and while I know it wont be an autocross champion, they do ride nice. And, they're my favorite truck style. Just something to think about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191024_182517.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	260430
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Crazy timing for this post, I just pulled my Nova out of storage yesterday! It's been there for years, I got it out and rolled it down the street to a friend who's going to work on it this summer. I'm I 100% agreement with Gabriel, resto models is the way to go. I'm putting a pro touring suspension in, an ls motor, 6 speed and a ro cage so I can have a safer option than the lap belts it previously had. Oh yea, I want AC too.

For recommendations I have to go with what I love, 1st gen novas. They are still undervalued. There was a gorgeous stock looking 63 convertible on FB for $16k today. You can still get project cars for a couple grand. The bolt on aftermarket options are incredible, and growing. They're light and good looking too.

If you're willing to venture away from cars, take a look at the 47-55 GM trucks. They are also extremely undervalued compared to other trucks and their are a ton out their. Built or stock. They fit onto an 10th frame, and while I know it wont be an autocross champion, they do ride nice. And, they're my favorite truck style. Just something to think about.

Name:	20191024_182517.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	260430
    Nice Ford Tear Drop hood on your Chebby there mister.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Nice Ford Tear Drop hood on your Chebby there mister.
    Thunder Acadian was my first thought.

Those hoods are so cool you can’t blame people for putting them on Chevys.

--
    It has a Ford 9" rear too. For some reason, Ford made cool scoops and strong rear ends for the overweight boat anchors they called engines
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    There are several cars that weren't "cool back in the day" that would be very cool now.
    Off the top of my head:
    -Oldsmobile Omega from the early 70's...basically a nova
    -AMC AMX
    -Ford maverick
    -Mustang II ....IF you can do some body mods
    -mid 70's Plymouth Volare
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I never considered a Corvette a muscle car but rather in a class by itself. A poor man's exotic, if you will.
    Used to think those were the ugliest cars made but they've grown on me.

But, I've seen the mid to late 70s Vettes going for reasonable prices. A 79 Vette rolled across Barrett-Jackson auction a couple months ago for $9k. Those announcers were talking about what a steal that was.....and I've always considered prices on Barrett-Jackson to be a little hyped.
    These things are <$20k and you can get some for around $10k that still have the original turd for a motor (no horsepower.) Drop an LS in it or find a used 604 crate motor (400hp/400ft-lb) that was run in a dirt track car.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    There are several cars that weren't "cool back in the day" that would be very cool now.
    Off the top of my head:
    -Oldsmobile Omega from the early 70's...basically a nova
    -AMC AMX
    -Ford maverick
    -Mustang II ....IF you can do some body mods
    -mid 70's Plymouth Volare

Yep...AMC Javelin/AMX has been kinda underrated and cool car to me. 2nd Gen.

The 401 variants apparently were actually pretty fast. Parts are pretty tough though.

http://www.amcarguide.com/wp-content...avelin-sst.jpg

http://www.amcarguide.com/muscle-car...nd-generation/

--
    Hurst AMC Rambler 390 was another underrated car.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    It has a Ford 9" rear too. For some reason, Ford made cool scoops and strong rear ends for the overweight boat anchors they called engines
    You can thank Ford for your Basic Bitche LS engine. It's a SBF in sheep's clothing.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Hurst AMC Rambler 390 was another underrated car.
    I forgot all about those. A guy we bricked a house for when I was 16 had a silver one done up in drag trim. Very sharp cars.

My buddy’s sister (too old for me) had a 401 Javelin. Too bad it was brown.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    Throw up a pic of your chevelle Joe.
    Hey sorry we couldn’t hook up this weekend, rolled into Crossville a few hours ago. Enjoying this TN rain.
    Hey Matt definitely not the best weekend to visit Tennessee. Hope you didnt experience any of the strong winds that passed through yesterday. Crazy stuff. Blew 7 semi over on the I40 bridge at the Tennessee River.

Here are the Chevelle's

1970 Chevelle LS6 Coupe

Name:	70LS6 Joes.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	949.7 KB 
ID:	260445

1972 Chevelle LS5 Convertible

Name:	72wvert3.jpeg 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	260446
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Farrow View Post
    Hey Matt definitely not the best weekend to visit Tennessee. Hope you didnt experience any of the strong winds that passed through yesterday. Crazy stuff. Blew 7 semi over on the I40 bridge at the Tennessee River.

Here are the Chevelle's

1970 Chevelle LS6 Coupe

Name:	70LS6 Joes.jpeg 
Size:	949.7 KB 
ID:	260445

1972 Chevelle LS5 Convertible

Name:	72wvert3.jpeg 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	260446
    Nice looking chevelle’s Joe, they both look to be pretty much stock. I’ve always felt that the chevelle’s were the pinnacle of the muscle cars.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--

muscle cars

im a big block chevy guy myself ,but i like a little variety as far as hotrods/muscle cars go. the newer small blocks run good but hard to be the sound and grunt/torgue of a big block
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kx 008.jpg  

--
    Fast and cheap. That's what muscle cars were to teenagers in the 1960's. At least until insurance companies seen otherwise and now AARP card holders drive the prices for half century old sheet metal into the stratosphere to relive their glory days.

I think that's something that shouldn't be forgotten.

To that, fast and cheap, the Bad Seed:
    https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/...sanity-part-2/

Name:	hotrod.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	260465

I've got that issue. I have owned a Chevette. It didn't have a Cadillac 500, but I did weld the diff gears together for dirt road fun. I do have a mid 80's car with a Olds 455 though, and anyone who knows when Olds stopped building the 455, knows it doesn't belong in a mid 80's car.

I'll second the big block sound, even if it isn't moving a fast as some modern engines.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //