//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Camo paint job

--

Camo paint job

Hello all. I recently bought this 83 185s. I put a carb rebuild in it and repaired the recoil. Fired up n ran nice. I got it to use at our remote cabin. Which meant that it had to be totally disassembled. Had to get into a Cessna 185 on floats. Which meant that I may as well go through and replace the rear bearings n seals. Wire wheeled all bolts n cleaned all other fasteners. And new electrical connectors. Makes fixing them in the middle of nowhere mud hole easier. I did score some huge ,like 25” if I remember, for it rear tires from a Kawasaki 250 3 wheeler I scored for free on a side deal . On a king quad for 500 bucks wife found.
    My beautiful wife painted a camouflage paint job on it. Just used rustolium . Will try n post some pictures if I can figure that out.

--
    In the box that you use to make a reply, at the top of the box, there's several different symbols. One looks like a tree inside a square. Click on this to add pictures. At least that's how I post pictures. A 185 in a 185? You HAVE to post a picture of that!

--
    Says I have to use url . Don’t know what that is. I just want to use pictures on my computer in the photo section. I can tear apart machines and build lots of different things but computers aren’t my bag.
    Yah a 185 in a 185. Pilot said that was his first. But then again. I had an air conditioner on board to so I could convert my insulated generator shed into a walk in cooler to hang meat in. One of my other projects is to put wheels on an old snogo. Instead of skis so I can use it in the summer.

--
    Maybe I have to post a few times. If so that’s cool.

--
    you dont use a url to post a pic. you just upload it then selct what you want to show. Its under go advanced button next to reply

--
    So, I drop down to quick reply. Hit go advanced, hit tree, then url msg comes up. Tried pushing tree first. Different stuff. Always the same screen url. Don’t even know what that is.
    Thanks for helping me out man.

--
    Camouflage Painting Tips
    The best way to camouflage an object is to match it to the surroundings in which it will be located.
    Use colors in the same family that work well together.
    Start painting with the lightest color and move to the darkest color.
    Take your time! Since there is a lot of overlapping, small mistakes won’t show.
    As with any spray paint, use several light coats instead of one heavy coat.
    Always read the directions before applying the spray paint.
    Stencils:
    – Create your own stencils by hand.
    – Look to nature; use local tree leaves and branches as your stencils.
    These hopes can help you:
    http://www.camouflagewebbing.com/pro...great-britain/
    there are no secrets to success. it is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
      - Colin l. Powell

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //