//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1997 -2003 F150 Question

--

1997 -2003 F150 Question

Does anyone know what the correct term is for the large rectangular plastic panel that bolts to the cabs of these trucks behind the seat? I think this would only be on the two door models.

The phrase "Ford F150 Cab Wall Panel" on eBay will pull up these panels up to 1996 and 2004 and newer, but nothing from 97 to 03 comes up.

I've also tried searching Ford parts fiches, but nothing comes up.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 11-01-2019 at 01:01 AM.

--
    I tred a few search terms on ebay couldn’t get a hit. now is the piece you’re looking for something that covers a large portion or most of the wall? maybe it’s something people selling parts figure is too big to list or ship? a junkyard may be your best bet. I tried different years words like panel, trim, interior, rear, back, wall, regular cab. I’ll look more on google to try to come up with schematics or a fiche.

94 2 door extended cab 5 speed owner

edit: so in looking I just picked 2001 and went with it cuz the wife’s got an 01 4 door, but on oemfordpart website it shows something called back panel for a regular cab, two different part numbers one for xl and one for xlt, coped both and no hit on ebay. What’s the specific year and trim (xl, xlt, etc) that you’re looking for? Found it by clicking body and then interior trim-cab. part numbers I found for 2001 (just year I happened to pick, very possible to change year to year) were for regular cab xl - YL3Z1540374AAA and regular cab xlt - YL3Z1540374BAA

both parts discontinued will copy to google and report back, but I still think salvage yard is best chance

2nd edit: as I assumed I didn’t have luck finding them available for sale but one site did narrow it down enough to specify those part numbers apply to 2000 to 2004, which actually doesn’t seem right 2000 to 2003 I could understand i thought 2004 was the whole revamp that turned them into paperweights I can’t imagine they changed everything else and used the same panel but who knows, another site said it was 2001 specific, I guess you can’t trust the internet.
    i would check a junkyard, it’s usually a fun time, I often see at least one old neat vehicle or something
    Last edited by HorseMcHorseman; 11-01-2019 at 12:35 PM.

--
    Thanks for looking, the model is a little bit complicated as it is a 2009, but down here in Mexico the service trucks continued to use the 97-93 platform. They call them F250’s, but they are match with the USA F150, but the luxury, or anything fancier than an XL is called a LOBO, still with me?

I will take your advice and try some junkyards, unfortunately the good ones are all close to the US border in Nuevo Laredo, probably has something to do with the availability of stolen American vehicles, but nevertheless that’s where they are and while I spent a lot of time in that area 18 years back, I’m not sure it’s a good idea for a white boy in a fancy Chevy to be shopping in that area at the moment.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //