//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Gas in spark plug after running

--

Gas in spark plug after running

Hi all,

I have a 1985 Honda 200s. It's been running great for the last 6 months up until yesterday. Yesterday I started it to load up to go hunting this morning, and it ran for about 2 minutes, sputtered and died. I pulled the spark plug (it runs a little rich and needs cleaning time to time) and knocked it off with a wire brush. It started back up, I got it in the truck and didn't think anything of it.

This morning, I got about 50 yards into the woods, and it did the same thing. I hunted, pushed it back to the truck and loaded it up, and started working on it when I got home. I pulled the plug again and noticed it had gas on the bottom of it. I cleaned it off again and it fired right up for about a minute. From here, I'd have to wait for it to cool off, pull the plug and let the gas evaporate, and it'd start up again. I adjusted the air/fuel mixture (I think, brass screw on the underside of the carb?) to eliminate the richness, but I got the same problem, even when only backed out from seated 3/4 of a turn.

I've played with the idle, the air/fuel mixture, checked the air intake, etc., and no luck. I put a carb gasket kit and cleaned everything at the beginning of the summer, along with a new spark plug. Any ideas as to what I'm missing?

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I would recommend removing your carburetor and giving it a good cleaning. Sounds to me like your needle and seat aren’t holding pressure and flooding your engine out. They are very simple carburetors to overhaul. Buy yourself a shindy brand carb kit and go through it. Throw in a new NGK plug and I bet you’ll be in business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //