//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 3 wheeler bug

--

3 wheeler bug

I bought my first 3 wheeler around 1985. A 1983 Suzuki 185 . I feel it was one of the best bikes I ever owned. Maybe because it was my first. But even back then I realized the mobility of this bike. Too bad it burned in a fire. I bought a 85-185s a couple years ago. Originally so I could put it on the back of my swamp buggy. So that when, not if, it breaks down or gets stuck I have an emergency ride. We are the only help. Sat out back as another project for a couple years. We have a remote cabin that I would like to have this bike at. This spring I pulled her out so I could finally get to this project. I was surprised at how good of condition it was. A little gasoline and she fires. Runs ok. Nothing a carburetor kit didn’t fix.
    My son took it for a ride and loved it. He had never seen one running before. And it didn’t take long before I was looking at more used wheelers for sale. Actually kinda worked out. My beautiful wife found the KQ and Kawasaki 3 wheelers mentioned earlier. I put the rear tires n wheels from the Kawasaki on the Honda 185. And if anyone wants a Kawasaki 3 wheeler let me know.[IMG]jpg[/IMG] Lots bigger than stock. But it will be used as a swamper so figured it would work good.
    I don’t have machine reassembled yet. Will try to post some pictures.
    Great to be back on a 3 wheeler. And now have my son hooked also.

--
    Welcome to a new addiction.
    Its not a problem til you do this.
    MrC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200202_153533.jpg  

--
    Hello all. Still got the 3 wheeler bug. The snow is down to only 2' deep so it won't be long before dirt. Still trying to figure out how to post pictures.
    When I try it asks for url. I'm lost.
    Hope you're all well n having a great day

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I have to use google chrome to post pictures. I can't do it from safari. This of course is on my laptop. Phone is probably the easiest way to post pictures.

--
    Nice how you were able to carry one as a spare vehicle. Even though they're small, it doesn't affect their ability to go a lot of places that larger, more power vehicles do, and if a situation is too much for the trike, they can be physically drug through and over a bunch of stuff.

I've personally walked them across fast flowing rivers that were chest high, with the aid of another person. Two people, both riding trikes, means extra help when the going gets rough. Drag one up, across, or through something, then go back and get the other one, and both are on their way. If the situation was dire, I'd rather be on a trike than something so large and heavy, it becomes a liability in and of itself.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //