//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Atc110 performance mods

--

Atc110 performance mods

Hey guys new to this forum thing so bare with me n hopefully help me out! So i have a 83 110 “xmas edition” im looking to get some more power out of it for some fun little races we hold. I have a dg exhaust on it and a cheap chinese carb.. looking to do a cam and or piston on it with out tons of work.. what works, or what are you guys running? Thanks!🤘🏼

--
    Hey there welcome. For starters you have a blue 83 110, no such thing as a Xmas special on the 110’s. It’s just a color option they offered. As far a mod’s go it really depends on how deep your pockets are. Honestly a pipe, cam, and a 2-4mm oversized piston will be a huge improvement and not break the bank, but even at that you will have 3-500 into it. Might be some 110 pistons on eBay or maybe someone here has one. Oh yeah get rid of that junk carb and invest in a mikuni 22 mm carb (make sure it’s genuine).

Maybe start with a cam and a different rear axel first to see what you think before getting to deep into it. If you are short track racing I would go with a bigger rear sprocket myself to get you out of the hole quick.

One more thing if you are racing get yourself some wheel spacers to widen the axel, that will give you an edge keeping it planted.
    Last edited by DAM shop; 11-04-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]260594[/ATTACH

The black one is a 110. Big bore, big cam, big sprocket, aftermarket exhaust, 24mm mikuni, ported head matches to a long manifold and 3” spacers. This thing is crazy fast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 362763F3-C086-4AE0-92C7-1FC9C58AAA3C.jpg  

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Thanks for the info DAM! I just scored some 450r hubs wheels and a set of 19 tires for rear. He also had a piston and a HS cam laying around he was unsure of what size the piston was but i have the papers for the cam,all from a 110 build when he was a kid.
    And what axle is everyone running?
    Also what consists of the “big bore big cam”?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfstickies View Post
    Thanks for the info DAM! I just scored some 450r hubs wheels and a set of 19 tires for rear. He also had a piston and a HS cam laying around he was unsure of what size the piston was but i have the papers for the cam,all from a 110 build when he was a kid.
    And what axle is everyone running?
    Also what consists of the “big bore big cam”?
    5mm over piston and a web 69 camshaft.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Oh nice bet that rips! I seen a post about a cb125j piston can be used.. they are 56.5mm but i havent seen much info on them.. what brand 5 over are you running or is it from a certain bike/year? If ya dont mind me asking

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfstickies View Post
    Oh nice bet that rips! I seen a post about a cb125j piston can be used.. they are 56.5mm but i havent seen much info on them.. what brand 5 over are you running or is it from a certain bike/year? If ya dont mind me asking
    Not sure what Piston that is.. There is all kinds of mod's you can make, all kind of piston set up's, head modifications all depends on what you are willing to spend.. There are also all kinds of threads on such builds if you search for it..

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Alright ive gotten a cam and a 54mm piston, sudco intake what carb should i run? The intake is 24.5mm.. should i still run a vm22 or bump to vm24? Got a set of 18x8 gbc mini master tires and sl90 hi lo eliminator to run also. I dont work and play with this alot due to work and other main hobbies but it is fun when i do, its forsure addicting!

--
    Alright ive gotten a cam and a 54mm piston, sudco intake what carb should i run? The intake is 24.5mm.. should i still run a vm22 or bump to vm24? Got a set of 18x8 gbc mini master tires and sl90 hi lo eliminator to run also. I dont work and play with this alot due to work and other main hobbies but it is fun when i do, its forsure addicting!

--
    Run the 24mm.

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //