//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New member in central wisconsin

--

New member in central wisconsin

The family has always had an 85 ATC 200S that's been the workhorse on the property. It always runs and doesn't get stuck in the swamp. Just bought one for myself for $100 because the rear tires were new and it kinda runs (half choke or it'll die idling). It doesn't have brakes, any of the decompression system, or fenders but I call those aesthetics, some call them safety features. My immediate list of things to be done:
    Compression test, poor man leakdown test, oil change, oil filter rotor cleaning, air filter replacement, carb clean in the ultrasonic bath, drive chain kerosene soak then relube and retension, spark plug replacement, remove rust from inside the gas tank (apple cider vinegar), get the missing setting springs for the starter, get missing bolts on the recoil starter, new recoil starter rope.

I think I can handle those. But this is where I need HELP:
    Recoil backing plate gasket took a dump. The previous owner used electrical tape where it wore off. Has anyone used a liquid gasket or is going paper the common way? 95% chance I'll break something in the recoil starter at some point so I want to be able to get back in there but not need a new gasket each time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trike.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	260648
    Last edited by chiefkeeper92; 11-13-2019 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Uploaded trike photo

--
    I'm not sure if it's recommended or not, but if that gasket's good, I'll just reuse it. Disclaimer_-I don't ride in deep mud or water very often so there's not much getting in mine besides dust.

--
    Unfortunately the gasket was messed up. Previous owner "patched" missing area with electrical tape. It will see water to get deer out of the swamp.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //