//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aluminum Truck Bodies - Good, Bad or Ugly?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    it's like the 1927 Murders Row Yankees playing the 1969 Mets.
    I don't get that reference, wasn't alive for either of those. I never watched prison baseball either.

I was at a body shop today, getting a quote on something. I asked about the aluminum body panels. That shop will do minor panel repair, probably meaning a ding or something, but typically replace the whole panel. Too difficult to repair. I guess they don't have any ex aircraft repair employees, that or people don't want their truck bodies riveted together.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    I don't get that reference, wasn't alive for either of those. I never watched prison baseball either.
    If you're not a baseball fan, I guess you wouldn't understand.

--
    My mom has an EcoBoost, i think it was the first year of the aluminum bodies. I asked my dad to come over the other day so I could take my shining example of the greatest motors ever made, a 6 liter LS, over to a friend's shop. He said he couldnt because that same friend has an aluminum bodied truck complained that he messed the bed up real bad putting stuff in it. I really do like my mom's truck, it rides nice, gets decent mileage and is fast, but I wouldn't want an aluminum bed for a work vehicle.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Wait, the fiero was plastic?
    didn’t know that, wanted one when I was young

--
    Land Rover has had an aluminum bodied vehicle for a very long time but it definitely wasn't built for it's good looks or dent resistant capabilities on flat panels; and aren't they riveted in places? Salt on the roads is probably a rarity but it would be in the air near the coast so hard to tell with corrosion? I've never worked on one so can't comment on some of the original concerns I had.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool