//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Construction Contracting... Who does it

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Soooo chop, hows the self-employment route going?
    I am behind schedule launching as I make sure I have some operating capital left after I take care of all the licensing/insurance/ legal requirements.

There is now a possible relocation on the table which could have me moving to a much more southerly state to be closer to family. I'll update when I know either way, but the plan to be a contractor hasn't changed. Just the HQ location.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Yes I’m trying to change subjects from political thread....
    Springs coming!!!!
    Shep
    I don't blame you. I got way too irritated with that nonsense and acted like a dick

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    thanks i actually made those niches, they r a lot of work! ive been using the pre fabbed niches from schulter lately much easier to work with. thats actually a steam spa/shower

--
    Revisiting this thread on an update of my son reigniting our floor refinishing business. We just secured a customer that owns 7 cost cutters hair salons. My kid has done two floors so far and another one here soon. We will also be doing all the monthly or every other floor maintenance work. Several things landed this account for us. 1. Being responsive took the guys call and my son was on site in 20 minutes. 2. I had some past history with a former coat cutter owner. We are also trying to land a local university gym floor refinishing account. The only thing preventing us from possibly getting this job is the inability to tape new 3-point lines. With the ncaa changing this this year new lines need to be painted. We do not have the tool to tape this line ( a radius taping machine), so we are trying to sub-contract it out but are not having too much luck with anyone contacting us back. Call your freaking customers back! We will more than likely not get this job because of the time sensitivity of the bid and the price of purchasing this tool at 700.00 bucks.
    I’ve been in a part time business for 40 years and have always had more work than I can handle. I contribute that to 1 being responsive. 2. Being honest in your abilities. 3 Always, always giving the customer a little something extra they were not expecting.
    My kid will be swamped with work through the summer between his full-time job and this he’ll be working a lot of weekends. I best dust off my working boots.
    I will also be looking into a business venture due to this pandemic thing. I’ve always considered starting a touch less restroom cleaning business. Pretty much have a plan already in place just need to purchase the equipment. I also will be talking to a friend about the best way to advertise this being all will be commercial contracts. I am banking on the fact that people are going to be very germ conscious in the years to come and I really want to get on the leading edge of this type of work that honestly is not prevalent in this area. Plus public restrooms are freaking nasty. My key factors will be being able to do this affordability and efficiently. My benefit is that I used to train folks on this piece of eguipment years back on a previous job.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //