//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: yt175 Wont Drive In Gear.

--

Angry yt175 Wont Drive In Gear.

Please help my YT175 Tri Moto Will Not drive In Any Gear IT Will Only Act Like It Is IN Neutural When Shifted Up Or Down It Seems Like The Clutch Is Not Dissengaging But When I turn It off And Shift In Gear It IS in Gear And The clutch disengages Please Help Just Trying To Bring A Machine Back In Its Prime.

--
    Ni hao, welcome to site.

No to be rude, but nothing you’ve written makes any sense, it is “mama Hu hu” so no one is going to be able to help you. Please try to articulate the issue again, or put a video up on Bilibili.

Zhu ni hao yun

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Ni hao, welcome to site.

No to be rude, but nothing you’ve written makes any sense, it is “mama Hu hu” so no one is going to be able to help you. Please try to articulate the issue again, or put a video up on Bilibili.

Zhu ni hao yun
    Hao peng you, hao peng you
    Sagwa shi wo de hao peng you!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Basically my clutch wont disengage on my trike when I start it and to any gear its like its in neutral please help.

--
    Got your PM, would love to help, but need more details.

- Please post a clear photo of the righthand side of the engine. I need to see if there is a nut and set screw on the clutch cover.

- Can you start and run the engine in neutral without it moving?

- Assuming the answer above is yes, when the engine is running and you put it into gear does the trike remain stationary, or does it lurch forward even at idle?

- if the answer above is no, does it move when in gear if you rev up the engine, or act as though it’s in neutral?

Providing nothing catastrophic has happened to your clutch or transmission. I am hoping that there is a manual adjustment for your clutch that can be easily adjusted to fix your issue. However, if you have a clutch that functions solely on centrifugal force and cannot be adjusted, then you are probably going to have to take your clutch cover off, remove it, find out what’s wrong and repair it.

I’ll try to find a parts fiche to look at tonight.

--
    I can start in neutral without it moving, and it stays stationary in gear when I rev it up it does not move at all in gear nor neutral,and when its not started and if you shift into any gear like 1st,2nd,etc it will act like its in gear and will be hard to push, also its a to start cause the pull starter messes up a bit it, like yanks back by itself.

--
    Looking at the parts fiche I don't see an adjustment on that clutch, but someone mentions it in in this thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...T-175-clutches and I have to believe there is one because it has to be actuated by the shift lever and tolerances require adjustability. See post #2 by Veilmonkey (RIP)

Look for an external adjuster for the clutch and if you don't find one pull off the clutch cover and see what's going on in there. If you do find an adjusters and the clutch is in decent shape it may have been overtightened, but the reality is that there could be an number of things that need attention.

I'd pull the starter off and clean and lube it as well. They are getting harder to find parts for, so an ounce of prevention is worth about 10 pounds of cure on a 36 year old trike.

If it hard to pull start to test (at the moment), raise the rear wheels off the ground.

--
    you need to adjust the clutch bolt on side of engine, loosen the 2 retainer nuts and pull bolt (slotted) outwards, then finger tighten inner nut until it holds bolt, then hold with spanner while tightening retainer nut. I had exactly the same problem.

82 Honda ATC 185s SOLD
    82 Honda ATC 185s restoration project (Restored & SOLD)
    81 Yamaha Tri-Moto YT125h (SOLD )
    82 Yamaha Tri-Moto YT175J
    83 Yamaha Tri-Moto YT175k
    83 Yamaha Tri-Moto YT175k (SOLD )
    85 Yamaha Tri-Z YTZ250N

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoila View Post
    you need to adjust the clutch bolt on side of engine, loosen the 2 retainer nuts and pull bolt (slotted) outwards, then finger tighten inner nut until it holds bolt, then hold with spanner while tightening retainer nut. I had exactly the same problem.
    You think that will work? ,me and my dad tried to do adjust it we probably didn't do it right im, going to have to try it out once we get to the trike but, you said you have the same problem can you tell me what it was doing?.

--
    not engaging or disengaging through gears very well, and when riding the clutch was slipping when under load. Adjusted clutch nut & has been good since & that was a couple of years ago. The manual explanation is useless on adjustments - I just figured it out myself from making the adjustments & riding until I got it right. I put tyre on a brick when taking cover off so oil wouldn't run out.

82 Honda ATC 185s SOLD
    82 Honda ATC 185s restoration project (Restored & SOLD)
    81 Yamaha Tri-Moto YT125h (SOLD )
    82 Yamaha Tri-Moto YT175J
    83 Yamaha Tri-Moto YT175k
    83 Yamaha Tri-Moto YT175k (SOLD )
    85 Yamaha Tri-Z YTZ250N

--
    Where is the part to adjust the clutch I can send photos of the clutch I need to know where to adjust itClick image for larger version. 

Name:	6FB1941F-34D3-461A-808A-E5168CEC2565.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	261178Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C8C93ADD-1A5D-45DF-B4AC-830ABE384A30.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	308.9 KB 
ID:	261179Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C8C93ADD-1A5D-45DF-B4AC-830ABE384A30.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	308.9 KB 
ID:	261179

--
    I’m going to prequalify this answer by stating that I’ve never adjusted the clutch on that particular trike, but at a glance it would appear you need to hold that flat blade slotted screw tight and loosen the jam nut a few turns, then back that bolt with the flat head slot in it out until it’s loose, then turn it back in until you feel it tighten gently against the push rod. Then back it out half a turn, hold it in place and tighten the jam nut.

Be sure if the thread is left or right handed before you start reefing hard on anything.

--
    I’ve adjusted it properly I think it’s not loose but I’ll see later if it works if not I’ll try to put a new clutch basket in it I already got for it but something for the oil injecter broke Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E582F1C4-2553-42E6-9B75-0E9274D1A851.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	261181 that cable broke.Click image for larger version. 

ID:	261181Click image for larger version. 

ID:	261181

--
    Attachment 261182. Also the trike came with brand new trail pros on it with the spikes still on it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 065B8E55-DAA7-49A6-93B4-0309373C49E1.jpeg  

--
    Have you tried shifting gears with the clutch exposed? You should be able to see the pressure plate moving in and out as you raise and lower the shifter.

Looks like you need a new cable, but premixing your fuel might be an option for now.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //