//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84' Atc200x axle

--

84' Atc200x axle

Hey guys,

Almost done with the maintenance on my 84' 200x and after removing the axle, I noticed that the previous owner didn't maintain the rear bearings and seal as well as it should've been, also, it's a 30+ years old machine of course. The bearings did groove a little bit into the axle and I would like to know what would be the best solution. I'll buy a new bearing kit and seals but they may have some free play on the axle. Does welding and machining the axle would be a good move? If not, is there any aftermarket axle that are decent for trail riding, considering I'm not racing the machine and not really doing any sort of jump, I've seen durablue makes one, but, as I said, it would be a bit overkill for my use. I did check on ebay and amazon and a few other parts site and I am not able to find anything.

Also, the rear sprocket does have quite a bit of free play from side to side.

If you were me, what would you do?

Thank you.

--
    i had mike at hreatv build be a conversion swinger for 300e rear end. hes done it for 83-85 and 86-87. ive also had time mod the oem 83-85 200x swinger for a 300ex axle. its was pretty easy. either way i went didnt cost what just a swinger cost for a 200x. you need to mod with the times if your going to keep the old stuff alive. email hre he can make about anything.

www.hreatv.com

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    i had mike at hreatv build be a conversion swinger for 300e rear end. hes done it for 83-85 and 86-87. ive also had time mod the oem 83-85 200x swinger for a 300ex axle. its was pretty easy. either way i went didnt cost what just a swinger cost for a 200x. you need to mod with the times if your going to keep the old stuff alive. email hre he can make about anything.

www.hreatv.com
    Would be a decent option, I'll look into it. By the way, that's some nice looking parts, is it powdercoat or paint?

--
    power, paint is not worth anyone times now days. drop off dirty stuff at a coater get back nice and durable for not much cash.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //