//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Araneae & Other Creepy Things Thread

--

Araneae & Other Creepy Things Thread

I’ve been fascinated with spiders all my life and aside from some horrific things that were done to some daddy long legs that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time in my youth I’ve never willing harmed them.

A few years ago an East Indian Dude who I got to know as the owner of a gas station I frequented in Houston got bit 3 times on his lower shin by a brown recluse spider and it left him with three holes in his leg that looked like they went all the way to the bone.

Then a couple of years back in West Texas my buddy’s wife got bit by one on her inner thigh and almost lost her entire leg. As a Northern boy this stuff was all new to me.

These past few weeks I’ve been working around rotting wood piles and creeks with a lot of foliage around them and I’m seeing a lot of spiders I’ve never seen before. I also seem to be getting bite a lot, at least once a day and sometimes the welts take a week or more to clear up.

The bigger one was today and the smaller one was yesterday. I also go bit on the belly and the leg, but mostly it’s been on the neck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2CA645C8-22A5-4FF4-B178-C6495B0E4CF1.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	260808

Probably should be taking more precautions than I am, but I don’t even know what repellent to use for spiders.

Anyway, I’m hoping some of you will post photos of the spiders you come across day to day. I’ll start with this these two I ran into yesterday tha stuck around for a photo.

Name:	E7F9DDAC-5496-4D34-AA3B-EC318866F272.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	260809

Name:	2BB258CA-F234-4E61-B8D1-9669FB16C9AA.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	260810
    Last edited by El Camexican; 08-29-2020 at 04:48 PM.

--
    We get brown recluse and black widow spiders here in North East Texas like nobodies business. I was vacuuming out the family roadster a month ago and noticed a black widow in the back of the SUV. For days I was checking that back area for any signs of any more. Spiders give me the webbie jebbies.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    I get these huge spiders on my property , green , kinda furry . no clue on the name .
    Got bit on my inner thigh a couple years ago by one and it took a couple months to heal .

Took this picture a couple weeks ago , almost got me as I walked out my back door about a half hour after dark .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5F7C2655-B6FD-44FC-BCBB-61D9ACEDE3B7.jpeg  
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Yeah my area had black widow and brown recluse both. I see black widows almost daily, probably five times more than a recluse. I just killed a black widow on the living room carpet last night after I took off my coat and it fell out of my sleeve. They mostly like to hide in your shoes/boots so you always check before putting them on

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I was looking at some wooded property a couple months back and wanted to walk it. The owner and my wife stayed at the truck as I walked in through the brush on a game trail.

About 50 yards in I felt resistance on my chest as I was passing between two shrubs and realized I’d walked into some really thick strands of webbing. As I started trying to break it apart with my hands I was wondering what kind of spider could make a web this thick and just at that moment I noticed the owner of the web was on my shirt on the lowest point of my right rib cage.

It was the biggest non-tarantula spider I’d ever seen. It was shiny, black, no hair, the tips of the legs looked like small cat claws and the joints on the legs had white bands.

I screamed like a girlie and swatted it off and then gathered myself and whipped out my phone to get a photo of the beast, but it wasn’t to be found. I’ve looked on the Internet and asked a half dozen ranchers in the area and no one seems to have encountered one of these. I’d really like to know more about it other than that it’s scary looking as all heck.

About 18 years ago I caught a big spider that was running and jumping through some tall grass I was cutting with a mower. A day earlier I caught a foot long lizard of some sort in the same area and had it at home in an aquarium. I figured the lizard would appreciate a local snack, so I brought the spider home and put it in the aquarium.

The two creatures stared at each other for about 3 seconds before the spider jumped onto the lizard and bit it. The lizard spun, flipped onto its back and died in less that a heart beat.

The short lived battle took place in my 4 month old daughter’s bedroom where I had the aquarium. My wife who’d witnessed the battle freaked and demanded that I take the spider back to where I found it.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 11-25-2019 at 12:18 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    I get these huge spiders on my property , green , kinda furry . no clue on the name .
    Got bit on my inner thigh a couple years ago by one and it took a couple months to heal .

Took this picture a couple weeks ago , almost got me as I walked out my back door about a half hour after dark .
    Do they look like this?

Name:	EC0D4059-5948-44B4-A4D1-9298E28E5915.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	260812

--
    My picture is not great , they aren’t translucent , the body on this one was as big as a 50 cent piece and with the legs probably 3” across .
    Spent plenty of time trying to look it up on the internet with no luck .
    Possibly an invasive species from one of these local plant nurseries near me ?
    I’ve probably killed 20 in the last 10 years .
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    87 atc 125m stock

--
    Possibly this one except the green is more pronounced .

They make a web usually from tree to another tree that is mind boggling in size .
    Freaks my wife and kids out every time we find one .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5F0F255F-F83E-4D4A-A595-42330118745E.jpg  
    Last edited by shortline10; 11-25-2019 at 06:01 AM.
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    87 atc 125m stock

--
    Here's a dock spider I saw a few years back. She was sunning with her little pinhead sized babies and as I got within a couple feet they all ran off the web and onto her back. I think these are the largest spiders there are in Canada, over a 3" leg span and very well camouflaged.

Name:	Dock Spider.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	260814

--
    Damn el, I am NOT visiting!

--
    The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout,
    Out came the rain and washed the spider out,
    Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
    The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    I worked at a motorcycle shop a while ago R&D motorcycle. We were working on a customers bike that he bought back from out of state. when we pulled the exhaust pipe off out came a black widow. One of the mechanics Teddy knew what it was and said “Cool, that’s a black widow” the other mechanic Rob, freaked, grabbed a mallet and killed it.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    I’m going to have to side with Rod on that decision.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I'll just leave this here

https://youtu.be/4vudA72hibg
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Yeah my area had black widow and brown recluse both. I see black widows almost daily, probably five times more than a recluse. I just killed a black widow on the living room carpet last night after I took off my coat and it fell out of my sleeve. They mostly like to hide in your shoes/boots so you always check before putting them on

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Do you know anyone personally that’s been bite by a black widow?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //