//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84 250r brake problem..

--

84 250r brake problem..

Went to put the rear caliper on and couldn't... took the whole thing apart is was very dirty along with a little rust too. And the piston was frozen in there and took alot of ing and penetrating fluid to get it loose..but still not real good ...is there any way to fix this I dont know brakes to well..or am I going to have to buy a caliper ? Is there a cheap caliper that's not oem I can just bolt on from another bike ? Or aftermarket ? Thanks

--
    You could try to rebuild the caliper. It's not terribly difficult to do.

--
    I looked up rebuild kits...pretty cheap but will that address the frozen piston ?? Thanks

--
    You will need a small hone, the skills to get out the junk without ruining more parts and a way to extract the frozen piston.

Easy stuff all discussed on 3WW, try to look up some older posts, they have all the info...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackrwesty View Post
    I looked up rebuild kits...pretty cheap but will that address the frozen piston ?? Thanks
    Crack open the bleeder screw. Hook your grease gun to the bleeder nipple and hold it on there good. Pump in grease...the grease gun will create enough pressure to break stuck pistons loose. Then clean all the grease out of the caliper and caliper passages really good.

Scotch Brite any white crusty corrosion stuff off that you can see inside the piston pot and wash it in soapy water after that. Install the new seals that came in the rebuild kit and lube them with brake fluid. Reinstall and bleed caliper.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I believe you can buy a 20X rear caliper and it should bolt on, there's a post in 3WW about swaps.

Anyhow, you can get a China copy for around 30$ brand new on Ebay.

I wouldn't want a 30$ China caliper but it works for people that don't have or don't want to spend the money...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //