//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 Yamaha 225DX

--

1984 Yamaha 225DX

I put a add up on the classifieds at work looking for 3 wheeler. A guy responded saying he had one of these in his shed. He said that the carb may need to be rebuilt it’s been sitting for two years. Last time it sat this long he had to do that. He thinks the tires are original and those may need to be replaced. He said he wired a different push start on it too. He is supposed to send pictures tonight. He’s asking $400.

I’m looking to pull deer out of a dry field or drive to my blind. I’m 6’6”. Would this work for me and what should I look for when check it out. Thoughts on price. I’ll add pictures when I get them.

--
    As long as it's not too rough that sounds pretty fair. Hopefully the guy is honest and not trying to use you to get rid of scrap metal. The carb is easily brought back into working order. https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a...9fd/carburetor

Get yourself part #'s 13, 20 & 29 from wherever you prefer and with a cleaning of the pilot and main jet & tube (Part #'s 15, 17 & 24) you should be good to go. Take a look at the choke lever on top of the headlight dashboard, I think it's part # 21V-26374-00-00. They tend to break in cold weather, get a spare if you can.

As far as the starter button goes he might have just wired in a genetic button, shouldn't be an issue. You'll probably need a battery as well.

Things to check before you ride too far from home:

- Front wheel bearings (they don't last long)
    - Steering Head bearings (If they're shot try to get a set of tapered bearings on eBay)
    - Brakes
    - Air filter
    - Oil change - There is a fine metal mesh reusable filter (if it's paper replace it with a Verses brand metal one) on the right side of the engine near the front (three socket cap screws to remove it) and a reusable screen basket on the left side near the shifter shaft (huge flat plate with a bolt head cast into it). Oil drains out that big cover on the left side and you check the oil level by placing the stick into the hole WITHOUT screwing it in.

Get a shop manual ASAP and adjust the valves and timing chain when you can.

--
    Are parts pretty easy to procure for basic maintenance?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Halligan86 View Post
    Are parts pretty easy to procure for basic maintenance?
    I'm going to say yes. Start with your local Yamaha dealer first as they often have new parts for less than some eBay sellers do and if the parts aren't available anymore go on eBay. For carburetor parts you can try Jetsrus.com as they have pretty much everything if you know what to ask for.

--
    Here’s some pictures from the owner.

https://imgur.com/a/DeSqgpz

--
    He also has a shop manual too with it.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Yup that's a deal for $400.

Make sure to post in the correct section of the forum in the future please. :-)
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I picked it up for $375

--
    Looks like you got a great deal

--
    Is that it running and driving? Looks good...Mine was in much sadder shape when I got it..lol looked like it was rolled end over end down a mountian side...lol bent handle bars, foot peg on one side, rear axle was even bent. lol... too much fun fixing it!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //