//ArrowChat Code
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here flips trikes?

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Awesome job!

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Great work MrC, nice to be able to put a face to a username, lol. Subscribed as well.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    Thanks guys, I have been watching some tutorial videos on how to use the software I already have, the next video will be better for sure.
    I am still waiting on a few parts to finish the atc70, I am on the fence about the chrome rack 200m, I have some top end parts coming for the 84 200es I want to build (my favorite model big red). I was going to use the 200m front end on it and transfer the chrome racks too it, that makes it a keeper for the collection for sure or I could just build the 200m as is with the same top end kit. I have had 2 200m's and I like them they really are geared well for all round use, but the reverse is hard to pass up. Hard life sometimes, school starts back next week, I want to do another video before then and try to keep some momentum. This is my last semester, then I am finished FOREVER! Lord willing.

Some Bad news though, I am going to have to change my channel name, seems there is already a MrC's Garage, I didn't even think to look, my mistake, I think its to confusing, actually there are 6 others just with different spellings.

I grabbed bike number 1 for 2021 I found another first gen 200x. not sure what I want to do with this one, probably another autox. This year I will number them instead of naming them. I had my uncle pick it up for me, I haven't laid eyes on it yet, but it looks promising. it has an engine with it, but I haven't seen it.

Thank you all again for the support and suggestions.

Ps2Fixer- I plan to take this as far as I can, my goal is to have a channel that produces an income, maybe not a living wage parse, but something worth doing, my goal is to replace some of the selling of the ATC, if I can make enough to build them and keep them, than that's the goal, no more selling to fund the next. Sure I cant keep them all, I would not want to, but having a 4th income stream would be so nice. and its passive once its monetized, I keep thinking If I had made 1 video of each bike I bought/built last year that would be 46+ videos, that's a good start to a profitable channel, of course, I need to personally step up my game, and make sure the content is enjoyable. Since the beginning my plan is to give a 3 wheeler away (winner pays shipping) continental us only and must have subscribed to the channel, I think that will happen when I get closer to monetization 100 subs and 4,000 watch hours, I will start hyping the contest when I get closer to those numbers.
    It will cost me upfront but could catapult the channel somewhere bigger than just a talk and repair channel. I plan to hold on to the little atc70 a while anyways, maybe put new plastic fenders on and shoot 3 or 4 videos completing it and then give it away. That could be the concept, buy, build, give away. No one is doing that, and I am crazy enough to try it, of course the income from the videos would have to support that level of expense. I will do it once and see what happens.

Next video I promise a z50 doing a Smokey burn out! I think I need to have more fun with the videos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 32317.jpeg   32320.jpeg  
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Yea have fun with the videos, personality and such would set you apart from other channels. It seems the channel is more about your experiences, and less informal like how to do x on this machine.

For the giveaway stuff, I'm not sure if that would benefit things much. I've been part of sites before that did give always, and it attracts the wrong kind of person that generally doesn't stick around in a community. Doesn't hurt to try, still could be a fun thing. I'd guess you'd need 1000 or so subs before giving away a machine though. Maybe that could be your thing, a give away for each mile stone you set.

If you're keeping more machines, you might have to work out some sort of storage system to have more on hand lol. Maybe a second garage or something. It would be neat if you owned every model of 3 wheeler, maybe even every year. Showing differences side by side could be interesting if the detail is OEM correct for the given machines. Like the voltage regulator for 85 vs 86 atc250r, almost the same but one connector different.

Either case, you're in control of the channel, I'll just follow along to see how things go =). Maybe I'll have to give making some videos a shot some time, mine would be more boring though, informal how to type of stuff. Been way too busy lately to even think about that right now, but someday I hope to jump on the youtube train.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    New video doesnt show up

--
    I thinking I am getting the hang of it, my laptop is an real issue. crashed twice today while rendering this weeks video.
    I will be ordering something with a little more power this week.
    I drug home a 185s and a 200x, overall it was a good week.
    This video is a "how to" revive an old 3 wheeler, so I took the opportunity with this mostly in tack 185s, I didn't know anything about it, other than the seller said it ran. but with no pull rope, wadda-gonna-do, so enjoy.
    And for those of you that make it to the end of the video, there is some bonus footage. I bet you will like it.
    MrC.

https://youtu.be/IiihbGQXUsw

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    On the laptop crashing, the critical thing for video rendering besides the software is ram (the memory it works with the video in). If the laptop doesn't have much ram, that would be a potential source of the crashing. Upgrading ram is cheaper than upgrading the whole computer. If you're sticking with laptops, look for a "gaming" one and make sure it has 16-64gb of ram. Computer tech in me says to buy a desktop for rendering, that's where the real power houses come from, no high performance laptop can out perform a high performance desktop. Building a computer I'm sure is out side of your comfort zone, would make an interesting video though lol. The good news is, nearly all of the parts plug into eachother only one way, so for the most part you can't really mess anything up, the operating system install and getting the first boot working is the biggest challenge. I could help with the hardware picks since that's fairly critical to get right, but it's like 3 wheelers, just have to match up the right model series and you're pretty good to go. Either case, a newer series cpu generaly means faster processing which will help things too. With computers, generally you get exactly what you pay for, a $300 computer is a pile of crap vs a $600 one, same story for $600 vs $1000 vs $2000, etc. The upper limits are in the millions (really unlimited if you wanted to break a new super computer record) so there's clearly a point of no return xD. Generally $600 to around $1200 is a pretty good budget range for good processing speed and specs with out paying extra for processing power you don't need yet. The $300/cheap computers are generally really low quality parts and my 12 year old $1000 computer has better performance than them.

FYI, big ram is pretty big money but it allows the computer to do a lot more too, or handle memory heavy tasks like working with video. My daily pc is 64gb, pretty overkill for most things I do, but it's nice never coming close to maxing it out. Gaming is another story, there's a sweet spot for big (slow 32gb+) vs small (fast 8-16gb).

Anyway, better cut myself off from the geek computer talk xD.

--
    Awesome job on the video! Very good!

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    watched vid and wrote a long reply. I guess this board automatically logged me out. had to refresh page an log in again leaving my message missing. That sucked. In a nutshell, thanks for the refresher course! Been a long time.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wild200x View Post
    watched vid and wrote a long reply. I guess this board automatically logged me out. had to refresh page an log in again leaving my message missing. That sucked. In a nutshell, thanks for the refresher course! Been a long time.
    If I'm thinking right, near the login boxes there should be a check box that says something like "keep me logged in" make sure that's checked or you get auto logged out after like 15 mins. That's a thing with this forum software that's a little annoying, more secure (less open logged in sessions) but annoying for average users.

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    If I'm thinking right, near the login boxes there should be a check box that says something like "keep me logged in" make sure that's checked or you get auto logged out after like 15 mins. That's a thing with this forum software that's a little annoying, more secure (less open logged in sessions) but annoying for average users.
    Thank you sir.

--
    Thanks everyone for watching, School starts tomorrow for me, so things around here may slow down a bit, I am hoping to produce 1 video a week.
    Next up is the little 70, I have a few parts for it. New chain and a carb, more cleaning on that one.
    The wife says this last video is to long, and I agree, I guess a start to finish in one video is going to be to long, I could have broken it up into a series of 2 or 3 videos, I like to see results, so that's why it so long. That's 4 hours footage cut down into about 19 min.

Anyone know where those gold wheels came from? there anodized not painted, I am thinking suzuki may be? there inset pretty bad, on the test drive I went to slide it into a corner and it didn't slide just kept straight, almost hit a small tree. I am use to the wider lower stance bikes. It runs good, I will give you all a new compression reading soon.
    I guessing it came up pretty good, it didn't smoke like I thought it was going to.

Not sure what to do with the 200x yet, a lot of options with that bike.

Thanks again for the support.
    MrC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GOPR0092.jpg   GOPR0087.jpg  

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Thanks everyone for watching, School starts tomorrow for me, so things around here may slow down a bit, I am hoping to produce 1 video a week.
    Next up is the little 70, I have a few parts for it. New chain and a carb, more cleaning on that one.
    The wife says this last video is to long, and I agree, I guess a start to finish in one video is going to be to long, I could have broken it up into a series of 2 or 3 videos, I like to see results, so that's why it so long. That's 4 hours footage cut down into about 19 min.

Anyone know where those gold wheels came from? there anodized not painted, I am thinking suzuki may be? there inset pretty bad, on the test drive I went to slide it into a corner and it didn't slide just kept straight, almost hit a small tree. I am use to the wider lower stance bikes. It runs good, I will give you all a new compression reading soon.
    I guessing it came up pretty good, it didn't smoke like I thought it was going to.

Not sure what to do with the 200x yet, a lot of options with that bike.

Thanks again for the support.
    MrC.
    20 mins is a bit long, but you had a ton of great info in there. There is things you could have cut out, but for someone brand new to this stuff, your video would be extremely helpful. A series is a great idea.

I say put those gold wheels and holeshots or H-traks or whatever they are on the 200X! And then CRF230 swap it!
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    I finally got a weekend off, so I brought out my other woman...her name is Josie
    Enjoy

https://youtu.be/g0JEJdrLLrU

MrC.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

--
    With those big Caddy engines, it isn't the speed, it's the fun. All that low RPM torque makes a car enjoyable to drive without getting stupid.

I do still have a magazine though, where they put one is a Chevette for a cheap drag car.

https://bangshift.com/general-news/c...n-bench-races/

With the right springs/shocks, a big engine in a big car with a tight stall, is fun to see how much the front comes up when leaving a stoplight by a quick tap on the gas without breaking traction.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //