//ArrowChat Code
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Who here flips trikes?

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Have . . .

To . . .

Stay . . .

Away . . .

It's only been a year and a half since I sold my Mustang that I bought, built, and raced. Trying not to relapse . . .
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    So...about six months ago I think I said "Sexy Black" was going to be ready in about 2 weeks. Wishful thinking but I am the optimist. Today she found a new family in Northeast AR. Really hated to see her go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_4605.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	266456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_4588.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	266457

I put alot of time and effort into this b and she taught me so much.

On another note: I have not heard from MrC since the ordeal at the Capital earlier this month....JK

--
    Looking good Patriot1.
    I still learn something on everyone.
    MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Funny, very funny.
    You know I'd rode in there on 3.

The yammy is looking good. I'm glad its behind you. I still learn something on everyone get.
    As a general rule Yamaha's dont have near the resale as Hondas. Unless it's a tri-z 250 sport bike.

I talked about a slow down in the market several months ago, I said I felt like all the hype and buying would stop. It has in my area, seems just as the new year came in the market stopped, I havent been able to sell anything this year. And only found 2 to buy. The market in the south has come to a halt. It will be a buyers market soon, prices will fall and those with cash can set the market. But only If your willing to sit on Inventory for a while, could be years, until we see another 3 wheeler frenzy.

I positioned myself to use this time to build up some units I have 4 that will hit the market in march/april hopeing to cash in on tax returns, I'm going to keep making my videos and only buy either really cheap parts bikes or really nice units at a market crash discount. As much as this has been a business venture, I really do enjoy the bikes. My collection has grown to over 10 but want to limit it to around 5. Space is limited in the shop.

Like the ground hog, I predict 6 more months of a slow 3 wheeler market. As for the actual stock market, it's been hot in 2021.
    DNMR is killing it. Look it up biodegradable plastic. Let that sink in a minute.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    I remember 10+ years ago hearing about biodegradable plastic and the use case was going to be chip bags, candy bar wrappers, etc. I've seen some products use it but didn't notice it too often. The bags looked different, so it kind of caught you eye a bit, like not as shiny and such.

If the 3 wheeler market is dropping, maybe things will get back into my price range again xD, I haven't bought a 3 wheeler in like 4 years.

Every year the markets change a fair bit. Desirable things seem to move fast, but less desirable stuff seems to move slower. Like my best selling parts will continue to sell, maybe even sell more than average, but the rest of my stuff basically stops selling. I suspect it's due to the tax returns and people spending the money elsewhere.

According to google search console, December was a slower month till Christmas, then it peeked back up to normal levels. I know website traffic doesn't directly translate to market interest but this is the first time having access to this kind of data, so figured it would be interesting to see if it correlates or not. I suspect the site is still growing a bit, so a flat line would be a decline in interest too, like January has been on average pretty flat.

I suspect eventually you'll have some neat data with the youtube channel, not sure if google lets you filter things out well or not. Like I can filter google search console results by words in the page name, so I could filter it to ATC related only pages and such.

Stocks have been pretty interesting for me, only been in the game for around 6 months. Trying to hold 1 year + to get in the long term capital gains tax bracket (lower taxes). Here's my current holdings (but censored for qty etc). The one with no value was Briggs and Stratton, but they delisted the stock. They went bankrupt recently. I suspect maybe in a year or so if the new management team can turn the business around they might relist again. If not, I almost have all of the loses covered by the other stock gains. High risk, high reward, and the risk side hit me on that one lol. Kind of funny that quite a few of my hand picked stocks out performed the index fund (VOO at the bottom), that wasn't the case a couple months ago.

Anyway, I know not really a stocks site/thread, but figured it was interesting :P. When did you buy into DNMR? If before Dec, you should be around 400%+ gains, that would be a flag for me to sell 25% to get 100% of my investment out of it and the remaining 75% could be held with effectively 0 risk. Basically hold if you believe in the company/stock, or slowly sell as the price goes up to try to maximize the profits (or guess the peak). What goes up must come down, nothing can rise forever with out atleast a dip (buying opportunity).

--
    You are very wise Ps2fixer, yes DNMR was a long play, we got in during the second round 10 years ago.
    just like stocks and everything else that has a following there are ebbs and flows, you must always position yourself accordingly.
    " You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them" - Kenny Rogers

Interest in Atc is a constant, as there will always be a certain level of interest and collectability (higher end models and condition), we have just witnessed a very-high high, but we may be in for a very-low low time.

Looking back on my bread and butter chart the 70's, 90's, 250's, 350x and 250r's will always be sought after, they are the 2 extremes of the Honda atc portfolio, the middle of the road hardtails will become less valuable as time passes (not referring to mint condition bikes just everyday riders). $300 rear fenders for a 185s will make them unwanted and worthless, when 1 or 2 parts exceed their entire value, not many people will restore them, and when they do, no one will pay what their really worth.

Going into this venture I knew there would come a day I would need to pivot, I feel now is that time for me, the videos are my focus now, I ordered a new computer this week, if that does not net a return on my investment I am seeking, than parting out is and has always been my fall back plan, there's very little upfront cost but it is the most labor intensive and long term return play left. From my very first bike, had I not been a good enough mechanic to fix it or could not make a profit on the investment, parting it out was always the last and final business play. Its something I did not want to do, I prefer to save them, not piece them out, but then I'm crazy.

We will see, I am a realist, I am ready for whatever the market brings.
    I am not as dumb as you all may think, I do realize of course as the popularity of ATC dwindles so would the interest in ATC videos.

I am working on a set of shorts. or quick videos now
    I'm taking my 200m and blowing it apart and recording each phase, like a how-to or a step-by-step then rebuilding it the same way. This should provide
    fast quick content of specific projects. So if you need to rewind a recoil there's a video for that, if you need to do a top end, there's a video for that.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    No one thinks you're dumb Mr. C, you've been pretty sharp to do what you've done so far. I just wish you had the channel a year ago. I dont think the demand is gonna go completely away ever, or not anytime soon. A low is good, maybe I can score a good deal on a 350X!! Haha, that's kind of self centered but it affects everyone different. Come tax return season I'd be surprised if stuff doesent pick up again.

How-to videos on trikes are absolutely needed for beginners...good ones are few and far between.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Hey Guys, new video drops 9am EST Sunday 2/7/2021
    Seems there's an algorithm that monitors the first 2 hours of a posted video, depending on how much traffic it gets sets how it is advertised to others.
    So I have set this one to post in the morning. instead of tonight.

https://youtu.be/juWBno8r1G4

Enjoy, I am going to make Short direct videos per task.
    I call them ATC Short Films.
    This one is engine removal, the next will be a top end/piston/valve guides and may be reinstall
    after that a dialing in and running the engine.
    other videos like front end swaps with caged bearings
    new brakes and cables ect.
    Not a restoration just to make a nice usable bike.

If you have any specific repairs or task ideas, you thing would make for good content let me know

Also I made some repairs to my tractor it will post tomorrow.
    Not sure how many of you all are in to tractors, but I have a small TLB, just expanding the type of content for my channel

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Love the red grass-scorched earth intro.

--
    Thanks, Honda red runs deep here in the south!

I have been busy, next video drops Monday at 2pm.

Sneak peek
    https://youtu.be/SPtu3gBJZbU

Dreaded pull cord re build.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Just watched both vids....thumbs up.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Hey guys, this has been some crazy weather, I have had 8 inches of rain in 10 days. I know its not snow but this rain brought 37 degree temps and wind, lots of bitter cold, wet wind.

As for the videos, I haven't gotten the traction I was hoping for, not giving up, just stating the facts.
    I know I am not "fun" to watch and the videos can get long winded, I guess I am putting to much information into them.
    Tonight's video is long, but its a complete build up (top end) of a 200cc engine. Sure I could have sped up the footage, cut a lot out, but then no one would learn anything. I have 1 more video in this set, reinstalling the engine and the first fire up.
    Should be fun. After that, I think I need some riding videos or a comparisons of models or may be a what to look for when buying video, something fun, less work related

So here is a sneak peak (SD version) HD is processing.

https://youtu.be/uro5Q8QPgZ4

It will go live tomorrow at 2pm.
    I hope you like it, please subscribe if you haven't, Let me know what you think.
    Thanks MrC.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

--
    Video was awesome. Keep it up. You could have spiit todays up into different parts but I wouldn't. It was good. Don't worry about traction as much as content-traction will happen.

You could actually go back and split it up into different parts and release several shorter videos without changing the one from today.

I had trouble removing a timing indicator cap today and searched youtube for a video and didn't find anything so you never know what might hit.

--
    Thanks for watching and the feed back, Patriot1
    In my 185s will it run video, I show i use a small 6 inch pry bar it fits the cap perfect, i can press down on it firmly and then using a large plyer or crescent wrench grab the pry bar and turn it to back out the cap.
    I have had 1 I could not get out, pull the pull rope assembly and using a flash like find TDC, then mark the pull rope cog where TDC is and use that for a reference, do note that if you take that cog off, it can be put back on 180 out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiihbGQXUsw
    @ the 10:33 mark you will see my pry bar in use

Just a thought.
    MrC.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

--
    I wouldn't stress over the views too much. The nature of youtube, atleast from the viewer side of things, seems to be youtube doesn't suggest your videos too often for smaller channels. At some random threshold, it seems something clicks and an old video suddenly becomes the new hot thing. I've seen old videos where the orig poster said they didn't know what was going on, the video had like 10k views and the video is like 9 years old and now it has 2m views. Weird stuff like that happens.

If you want to focus a bit more on the money stuff instead of just the pure joy of making the videos and such, then you'd want to research the potential video ideas you have and see where there's #1 people looking for said topic, and #2, someone else isn't fulfilling that need. The same exact thing can be said for websites in general too.

One trick I recently saw used in a video about web site building was to use google to suggest topics to you. The auto fill feature tries to guess what you're going to type.... based on what OTHER people have typed. It's a great way to get ideas and such. Generic searches also give generic results, so that's something to keep in mind, like this. Battery, spark plug, and service manual seems to be the main thing people are looking for when typing in the actual model.

Here's another generic search but gives a few more ideas for videos.

I tried some "how to" type of searches but couldn't really find too much of interest. It's a fairly niche topic so unlikely to get massive view count purely based on the subject matter. I think those kinds of videos would perform good long term since it's something people will continue to look for long term, so in years you should be still getting some views. On the other hand, if you made more entertainment based videos, the initial upload would have a huge surge of views, and taper off as it gets older. It seems youtube favors the entertainment style channels.

Anyway, defo take my advice with a grain of salt. I've never really done anything on youtube (yet), so I'm only talking in theory and ideas, no real hands on experience.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //