//ArrowChat Code
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Who here flips trikes?

--
    Running a few experiments I found words in the title are used for searches more than keywords used in the backside of the video. For an experiment 4 of my videos had 3 wheeler and 2 had atc in the titles the 2 with atc in the title had 3 wheeler in the keywords.
    I ran a search for 3 wheeler and only the 4 with 3 wheeler in the title came up. I sorted by year to verify. I found 3 wheeler is far more common term than atc. So I changed my titles to 3 wheeler.
    I also learned some more tricks to optimize searches like you suggested.
    The bottom line is it's a niche, I need to make fun videos just as much as technical. That's a personal problem I need to work on.
    Next video should be out sunday. Look for a change in my character. I have finished the top end rebuildof the 200m and will be firing it up for the first time in front of the camara. I'm looking forward to it.
    Each week subscribers have increase and hours watched is going up, it may take awhile to get there but the turtle won the race right?
    I have a friends son on youtube that has offered to do a collaboration, if that works out he has 15,000 subs. I only need a fraction of that to achieve my first major goal.
    Also I want to do some comparisons between models less work, might be easier for people to watch.
    It's a huge learning curve, considering everything
    Work, home life, school, flipping 3 wheelers launching a you tube channel, I think I am doing ok.

I really do appreciate all the support, I'm working on a title page promoting this site , my way of giving back.

MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Yea collaborations are good, people that watch his videos likely never heard of your channel, and the same for your viewers to his channel. It's effectively a win/win for both of you. Of course you get the better end of the stick being the "smaller" channel.

SEO (search engine optimization) is a whole industry in today's world. The very basics are to use words commonly searched, but still tells what the video is about. Generally speaking, shorter the title, the more direct and heavy weighted the keywords are. If you make a massively long title it's normally punished by lower ranking from the "keyword spam". In the context of google results, atleast for a website, there's a limited width for the page title, if it's too long it gets cut off with the ... at the end. You want to target being short enough to not hit that limit as less people tend to click those titles.

Of my understanding, order in the title makes a big difference too. My context is websites, but you put your primary subject far left, like your target keyword phrase. For websites it's also suggested to "brand" the title too, in my case that's putting AtvManual at the end of the title which is kind of less than optimum, but eventually I should rank for atvmanual with no space on google. Correction... I just checked and if you bypass the auto correct I'm already #1 ranked. I think if enough people search it without a space the auto correct can go away, not 100% sure on that.

Next priority in the ranking order I'd say is description, you can generally find the search terms bolded in title + description on google atleast. After that, the dedicated keywords I'd assume would be next. Last thing is what you actually say in the video, youtube transcripts everything you say into text and I'm sure there's a weight to stated words in the title/description etc. Like you could title a video one thing, but talk about a different subject, but it would rank poorly, atleast in theory.

For website SEO, there's also back links, or links on other sites that link to your content. You posting your videos on here probably gives your channel a slight boost. If you can do the same thing on high quality websites, it should help as well. That's atleast how websites work, of course videos might be a little different. Forums and public communication is generally less powerful than something more like a blog that's successful and they mention your channel. Anyone can say anything on a forum, only the blog owner (or employee) can post stuff on the given blog. Comments on the blog might be detected by google to give less weight to the link.

That should give you some search terms to look up to learn about about the subject, the big one is SEO, but remember, if someone is selling you a program, courses, etc, informing you isn't their product, you are their product to buy their package. As the saying goes, when something is free, you are the product.

--
    HI,
    Do you sell that headlight that you have installed on this bike?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Hey Guys Happy New Year.

I have been working hard on getting my first video ready to launch on Youtube. It a lot of work, keeping up with battery life, camera card size, editing different camera angles, syncing audio and video, wow its alot. It really slows me down when I am out in the shop

Update.
    I sold "Bradford" 200e 2 weeks ago, nice little bit of Christmas money, I have been reluctant to sell anymore, I have 3 ready, but think I want to keep them for video content, and comparing different models. I also finished the 200s, it turned out very nice.
    Spoiler alert- My first video was suppose to be about a big motorcycle shop buy out, ( I traveled 2 hours with 2 trucks and 2 trailers with 4 helpers, all I got was lunch) but that fell apart, it was my first bust or wasted trip, I got nothing.
    So then I figured I would launch the channel with something different, I have pulled in the Thanksgiving 200m with the chrome racks front and rear, I hope its enjoyable, it will certainly be something new.

I have many of the same dis-likes as most of you when watching videos- too much talking, not enough work or at least not showing the work being done. I don't spend anytime in front of the camera, so its all shot POV or at distance, that said I probably over explain things, but I figure they may be people in the audience that might not know the differences between 200, 200s, 200e, 200es, 200m I have all these at this time, I figure when would someone actually be able to see the differences side by side.

As for the format Youtube encourages you to make 10 min videos now, this allows for 3 commercial's, this maximizes the revenue for them and the creator of the content. Youtube takes 45% of all commercial revenue, this explains the in video plug's and sponsorships, which the content creator receives 100% of that.

I just hope to make an enjoyable video, and represent the cause well.

MrC.
    Hello,
    The 1st picture of the 6 you posted here. Where did you find that light on the middle bike? If you sell them can you please let me know how much they cost. Really enjoy all your videos and you re a wealth of endless info on these machines. Grateful that you share your knowledge.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201220_193920.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	268353

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That is an interesting headlight setup.

--
    Mr.C I know you have the answer...

--
    That's a amazon 6 inch L.E.D. off road truck light.

https://amzn.to/3FOBhrz
    here is the link

MrC.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Sweet thanks for the link!!!!

--
    I use this site sparingly because of the pic restriction. Any other site I join allows me to share photos day 1. I have flipped lots of motorcycles over the years and recently got into the Honda trikes. As I have been restoring them I found I have most of the 1983 line up and now am obsessed with having a full 1983 dealer line up. If I could upload pics you would be able to see the line up so far. Below is a link to my YouTube series on the atc70.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yhNj-Oai54&t=10s

--
    Quote Originally Posted by renorealtors View Post
    I use this site sparingly because of the pic restriction. Any other site I join allows me to share photos day 1. I have flipped lots of motorcycles over the years and recently got into the Honda trikes. As I have been restoring them I found I have most of the 1983 line up and now am obsessed with having a full 1983 dealer line up. If I could upload pics you would be able to see the line up so far. Below is a link to my YouTube series on the atc70.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yhNj-Oai54&t=10s
    Yea, I'd say the anti bot measures are a bit old school and a bit over kill. That part of the site I'd like to see modernized, but forums are dying out even though it's a great platform for research and looking up what other people have talked about. Facebook is like the new standard, problem is all the non-answers, random guesses instead of educated guesses, and misinformation from people "trying" to help, but it's more damaging than anything. I see people firing up the parts cannon all the time on facebook, after they replace 5 things and it doesn't work, they are confused, fair chances one of the new parts is probably Chinese junk and was bad from brand new, but they didn't test anything to figure that out.

I should make a store, call it The Shotgun or something and offer whole kits of parts so they just replace everything, but it's all tested parts and known working. I bet the store would probably do better than it should just because people don't want to spend time learning how to diag their equipment or pay a shop to fix it right.

Ok rant over xD.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Good threads just refuse to die.

Due to a series of unfortunate events, I lost access to my shop. Sad, but it was awesome while it lasted.

So...what to do with dozens of 3 wheelers now?

Down and depressed, I offered all to MrC for a. fair price, luckily he refused because the logistics of getting them all moved would have been a nightmare.

I brought some home and put some in a storage unit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	168AF5E2-2504-4BF4-8B10-382D7EA0228D.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	269995

Then I visited the First National Bank of Honda.

Name:	0611BF70-1EC7-4767-88AC-E2DD3A8F61C7.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	269996

Frank and Jessie were the first to go. I "hit a lick", like my father would say.

Next, a guy wanted a 250ES, so I sold him 4 projects. Not a bad lick.

Name:	3E66657D-CCFB-40F2-B6DD-927F4C17DA36.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	269997

His son was interested in a 250sx project so I sold him 2

Name:	79DC1FF1-4393-46FA-8C25-952F037966B9.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	269998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	411E594C-7B46-4ECD-B7A0-B303EAAE604B.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	269999

Good lick.

Much more to come. Stay tuned.

--
    That's good you're able to find storage for some of them and sell some as package deals.

Too bad things worked against your trike intentions though. Good luck with holding onto the ones you want most and maybe getting back into a shop setting.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Thanks King, nothing I enjoy more than bringing one back from the dead. So far, the people buying them have been very excited and appreciative. I don't mind giving a good deal to someone who is going to save them.

It has really sucked having to let some of them go, but I will be like the Terminator. ("I'll be back")

--
    Yes the Bank of Honda, Has always provided. Im glad to hear you were able to keep most of them for now, I understand parting with a lot and keeping the best.
    now that I have my big 3 up and riding, I honestly to not see keeping to many more long term, I will need some for content for the YT channel.

Its easier said than done. I seem to always talk myself into keeping more than I should. lol

I'd would have loved those tecate's, but Florida is kind'a a long drive from your place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails copy33.jpg  

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

--
    So...The guy who bought Frank and Jessie called me and said "Do you have anymore?" I smiled He said that he had 6 grandkids and everyone needed one. I smiled again lol.

I loaded the trailer to meet him.

Name:	CEEA4E82-0DC8-496F-8882-D738EC8A5534.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	270011

He got the Big Red that I was working on, the black 200x, the blue 250sx, the 85 SX and one of the 86 125m's.

I returned home with an empty trailer and filled my coffee can.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //