//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here flips trikes?

--

Who here flips trikes?

I enjoy the hunt, buying, selling and repairing Hondas, I have been flipping 4x4s for the last couple of years. Along the way I get to keep the best ones and play with the rest.

This keeps me busy and makes some money along the way. Friday I'm going to look at a 1984 200es and a 1984 200x, the x is not for sale. Yet anyways. Trikes are hard to find here, I hope that translates into better sales.
    There both in rough shape but they both run.

On other forums I do build threads as I go along, others chime in with suggestions or tips during the build. I learn a lot and others do to.
    I'm new here and still can't post pictures. I really think you should change that rule.

MrC.

--
    I flip a few, and keep a few. I try to buy package deals, where I can fix up and sell off one trike, and keep the other one.

--
    Hi baba yaga-
    Exactly, when I bought my sx there was a 250 big red heir too, I couldn't make a deal for both so I ended up with the sx. Now I have found a 200es and 200x, he says the 200x isn't for sale, but I'm going to ask when I get here.

Mrc.
    Last edited by MrConcdid; 12-05-2019 at 02:17 PM.

--
    When I read your title, I thought you was talking about flipping them while riding, not buying and reselling xD.

I've bought a ton in horrible shape to sell the parts. The ones I fixed up I still have, haven't even sold one machine. Tried to sell a pretty nice 250ES for $1000 and a couple people said they were interested but no one committed. I guess I'm not the best person to flip things, I'm too honest and not a very good salesman. I seem to do well with parts, pretty often people come to my place for parts (generally Toyota parts) and they get what they orig wanted, and spend the rest of the money they brought with other misc things they didn't remember they needed xD. Even had some come back after they got more money.

The 3 wheelers are defo getting harder to find here for a good price, almost all are over what I allow myself to spend on them any more so I've pretty much stopped looking, don't really have room for more anyway. Probably have to clean up the machines I never use and get them tuned up, carbs cleaned if needed etc and get them listed for sale in the spring and hope to make some room and take a small profit.

Are there title requirements for these old atv's in FL? Up here in MI no title is required for old machines. Out of 25+ machines I've only had 3 with titles.

--
    I thought the same thing when I saw title, flipping them over.
    My answer to that would probably be people that ride trikes.
    Haven’t personally flipped one yet though, almost flipped a tractor before after pulley swapping it, and yesterday almost flipped a snowmobile.

as far as reselling things not really, for the most part when I get something it’s in running or almost running condition for about what it’s worth so the profit margin wouldn’t be worth selling and sometimes more is spent on tires battery and the like- than could ever be made back. Most importantly I wouldn’t want to have less three wheelers anyway

--

Wink

Its one of my many hobbies, I enjoy all aspects of it, I like searching out a good diamond in the ruff, negotiating a good deal for it, refurbishing it (on budget) selling it and making some extra coin to finance other hobbies. Thats how I ended up here, I bought a non running 450es 4x4 and got it up and running cheap, new tires and a tune up she was ready to go. I kept it for a year (while flipping other quads) when hunting season came I sold it and made a good profit on it, it more than paid for my sx and pretty much covered my Christmas for the family. So now I am looking for the next flip.

They are rare, I have only seen 2 on CL this whole year in my area, (100 miles) I have to search much farther to get any good hits. The two I am going to look at are ruff, but they both run. the price isn't cheap but do able. A running driving big red will sell for $1,000 may be $1500 if it is in excellent condition, the 450r's go anywhere from $2500-$6,000. I have never seen an 350x or 200x sale in my area.

Flipping Backwards- no sir, I am much to old and brittle for those type tricks, I will stick to wheelies and power slides, just don't tell me insurance agent.

Titles- yes they had them, yes Florida requires you register it if you want to ride on public land. most people do not ride on public land, and therefore don't register. Neighboring states like Alabama and Georgia, do not require it, which makes it hard for Florida to enforce it. When a bike is brought into the state and bill of sale and a clean run of the vin number is all you need to get a FL title for it. I think it will soon change here to be like Alabama and Georgia.

Mrc.

P.S.
    One day may be they will let me post a picture of my atc.

type o- I meant to say 450es 4x4 (electronic shift)
    Last edited by MrConcdid; 12-05-2019 at 03:55 PM.

--
    Not sure how posting restrictions are here for images, you could always upload to another site and link us. Like photo bucket. The process to post images is different for mobile vs desktop. I don't use a cell to browse. On desktop you click go advanced, then manage attachments down low on the page, under the huge text box. In the pop up window, choose a file and click upload. Wait for the upload to finish (depends on your internet need) and you should see the image show up at the bottom of the screen. Just close the window, type your reply in the box and hit submit reply. I can post images... of how to post images if you want xD. I use gyazo to upload screen shots so mine won't look the same since I'm a programmer I normally do the "coder's" way of doing it with the [ img] tags + image url.

I wouldn't mind getting a TRX450R but their prices are normally more than what I want to spend.

What is a 450EX 4x4? Those are kind of conflicting each other, the 400EX was a 2wd sports quad, same with the 450r/er. There's S, ES, FM, FE for utility style machines, I think they are all 4x4. I'm guessing it was auto correct or something.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post