//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here flips trikes?

--
    "just a big red" xD, the 200es was the most sold machine in usa.

Might be a good suggestion to drive around all the Honda dealers in your area and ask if they have any old machines in the crate yet unsold in storage. I head over seas there was like 3 machines dug up at an auction from a Honda dealer, new in the crate, atleast one was an 86 atc250r.

While on your hunt, watch for "NOS" 350x engines too, it was common for dealers to cut the stator wiring when pulling the new engine out to "destroy" the machine from the big ban. Good luck on the hunt, maybe you'll run across a FL200 Fat Cat some time, those are pretty neat and unique bikes. The Odyssey was another pretty unique machine but made for a lot more years, last year 1985, then in 89-90 the pilot was made. I don't think Honda made another sit in style atv till the 680 Big Red side by side was released.

--
    Well this is getting interesting. I hope I don't burn out. The wife says I have to stop naming them and just number them. that could get embarrassing real quick.
    I sold the 200s- ( one of my favorite models ) on Saturday, Today ( Monday) I picked up these two up in a Walmart parking lot, hence the name another Big Red "Walmart Special 200es", and another "Walmart Special 125m" . 2-hours later I was riding the 200es. supposedly it ran when parked 10 years ago.( never mind the advance springs where missing, the starter relay was trashed, the pull rope didn't wind up or that the timeing was 180 out). anyways, she rides good on a flat tire.

I plan to fix the 125, put it back stock-ish, I have never worked on that type of engine, wish me luck.

"Malone" is ready to go to market, I have included pics of it from the day I got it to completion.

Enjoy the show.
    MrC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200215_153724.jpg   Walmart Special 200es.jpeg   Walmart Special 125m.jpeg   malone day 1.jpeg   malone ready.jpg  

--
    Man, that aftermarket front rack basket matches the "walmart special" package though, why would you ever want to get rid of it xD.

Also since you go through so many machines, might be handy to replace the handle bar grips on the worn ones. They are super cheap, and it's a part of the machine you interact with a lot, might be a solid selling point. These are a perfect match to OEM, except the very end doesn't have the flat for the end cap to clamp down on. It shouldn't be needed if installed correctly though.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ho...caaeaecc9d43d9

--
    Funny, you mentioned that, I just ordered 3 pair of grips to keep on hand. Yes I am turning these pretty fast, about every 3 weeks it seems. I told you I would find another Big Red, lol there falling out of the trees down here.
    That is a better price on the grips too, thank you.

The Walmart Special Big Red will sale easily here, the 125m not so much. I think the P.O. asked Santa for a pony and got a brown atc, IDK. If it runs good, I may finally get to paint one. Camo? Black? Red? wrap it or paint? we will see.

I think "Malone" really turned out good, runs as good as it looks, I have to say, I like the 200m and 200s better, there lighter, faster, easier to maneuver, more comfortable and just as capable. ie not having reverse can be a huge PITA. But I think you the driver can make up for it most of the time by thinking ahead.

Repairing the rear brakes on the 'Walmart Special Big Red" tonight. I hope to have it for sale in the next 2-3 weeks. Then I will have to slow down, I go back to school in the summer. yep old guy going back to school.

MrC.

--
    Oh yea, forgot to mention, the atc125m is pretty similar to a 200 series machine besides the physical engine angle change. Mechanical spark advancer and all, uses the same springs. I'd guess the 200e or 200m would be the closest relative.

--
    Here my assembly line as of tonight.
    in order nearest to farthest
    Malone, the Walmart Special and Smokey Joe

Malone - is for sale and ready to go.( new grips)
    The Walmart Special - gets a bath and touch up, sandblast/paint racks tomorrow (waiting on a rear axle bearing now) others wise starts and runs good.
    Smokey Joe - got a new top end installed, tank and few other parts soon, he should make the sale next 2 weeks.

Its a Hobby, It pays its own way and then some, when it becomes a job, I will have to stop.
    MrC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200228_205047.jpg   20200228_205118.jpg  

--
    Well today is the big day "Malone" and his sister "the Walmart Special" hit craigslist as a pair.
    Funny, I seems to buy them (atc) in pairs but have never sold them as a pair.
    We will see. I want to start on my Frankenstein build soon I hope these sell quickly.
    MrC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200303_172323.jpg   20200303_172354.jpg   Walmart Right side.jpg   20200224_103357.jpg  

--
    Since the beginning, I have had an underlying motive in this game called flippin atc
    That was to find bikes, fix them and flip them while keeping the best ones or at least the ones I wanted, let the hobby pay its own way
    and enjoy the game.

I have been able to save a lot of bikes already, I have 2- 200es Big Reds currently for sale (Walmart Special and Malone)
    So far I have found and kept a great 1985 250sx, and a crazy 200m but yesterday I found this diamond in the ruff. 1984 200x, it even came with a extra gold front wheel ( i am guessing off a 250r) well here she is. certainly not perfect, kicker slips about ever 10 kicks and she smokes a pack a day but she runs and is complete best part the price was right. I will be finishing up "Smokey Joe" before I tear into this one, but I just had to have it.

MrC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28132.jpeg   28131.jpeg   28130.jpeg   28129.jpeg  

--

--
    I am not sure how to tell if its a real 250r you tell me. Its dirty but wipes clean.
    MrC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200316_222016.jpg   20200316_222009.jpg   20200316_222004.jpg  

--
    Look for any numbers on the rim. Pretty sure they say made in japan + the year. Might have the product code on it. It's been a while, but I sold a 86 250r front rim for like $125 shipped. Mine was in a bit better shape than that, but looked very similar. I bought a seized up front fork with the hub and rim still bolted to it, I Id'ed the fork as an 86 250r, and the other parts matched up to photos so I sold them as I'm pretty sure they were correct (like 90-95% sure). In your case, it's a little harder to be sure it's from that machine, but I don't think there's too many models with gold rims like that. The Yamaha machines had some gold rims, but the gold was different, more dull/yellow looking, it really looks Honda to me.

--
    Last night I took your advise and looked for markings, I found the name Enkei stamped on it, but no other markings.
    MrC.

--
    I see. Here's an ebay listing to show the markings (assuming it's a true oem one).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-85-250...4383.l4275.c10

Looks really similar, but the backside is different. Could measure the bolt pattern, rim width and rim size (says on the tire it cam off from, last number) and could list it on ebay. If all the numbers match a 250r/200x/350x etc then someone probably would still be willing to pay fairly good money for it, just don't list it in a misleading way. Depends how much you value that rim on the machine vs using a different one too.

--
    Good news in this world of dis-par, I mean we lost Kenny Rogers today, the original "Gambler".....
    Well life goes on and I got bills to pay.
    I sold not 1 but 2 Hondas today to 2 different people, ha!
    I am happy to say "Malone" and "The Walmart Special" have gone on to new homes. I wish them well and many happy trails.
    Now to find some more to flip.
    what could I find next?

MrC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200303_172323.jpg  

--
    I wonder if you'll find more easily from the recent news, or harder. I can see people selling off anything they have to help their financial situation, but there's also the call for social distancing, so I suspect some people that normally would be selling at this time aren't to prevent the virus spread.

Quite unique times we are in atm. The next month or so will be real interesting to see where this goes. Numbers in China are looking pretty good, new cases dropping a lot, sick are recovering, etc.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //