//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Ohlins shocks

--

Ohlins shocks

Hi guys, wondering if anyone on here knew where I could find a rear Ohlins shock? I think its the same for an ATC and TRX. Would also be interested in front shocks for a TRX if anyone has any. I have both ATC and TRX.

thanks

--
    no they arent the same. There is 3 trx shocks 86, 87 and 88/89 and 2 atc shocks 85 and 86. The atc shock only real difference is the diameter of botttom linkage bolt hole. The linkage system for 85 and 86 are entirely different, few parts swap. As for the trx......86 has the same linkage and swingarm as 86 atc, but shock is different(length is the same), top mount is narrower and hose is different(it will work on a 85/86 atc w/ 86 linkage parts). 87 trx shock is slightly shorter, linkage is different(dogbone is shorter). 88/89 trx has a shorter shock, same linkage as 87 trx and shorter swingarm. The 87 trx is combination of 86 and 88/89 trx 250r's. 87 trx has 88/89 like frame, linkage, crank and I thought stronger tranny gears. It also had 86 style motor, swingarm and kept 86 footpeg mounts. 88/89 had 87 crank, linkage and style of front motor mounts. I could write a long article about the evolution of the atc/trx and all the different, but what some call the same parts(some close and others far different) on 85-89 atc/trx's. Some years ago, I wrote about the changes between 85 and 86 atc's, the list was huge, most don't notice it, as most of the parts swap, with a some exceptions.

--
    I am more confused than a 3 year old in a topless bar. LOL Well.... I am looking for some Ohlins shocks. HO710 rear which is for the TRX, I dont believe they give part numbers for the different years.

--
    they need to list what year the shock is for, it will screw up the ride and you need to have the correct linkage for it to handle right.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //