//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hoosier is Remaking the Tri Trac Front

--

Hoosier is Remaking the Tri Trac Front

Hoosier is releasing a new old tire for trike racers. I'm so happy to see this happen. It makes me want to 250r back together.
    Last edited by bkm; 12-12-2019 at 06:49 PM.

--
    Has anybody seen the price?
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I saw that--very cool. I can't wait to put it on my 86 Tecate with Tri-tracs on the rear. I'm wondering if that's the best size, though. A 10 inch rim? Seems like 11 would be a better--or make both sizes. I'd prefer 22x7x11. And then wide ones for the 1st generation 250R and Tecate.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Has anybody seen the price?
    The price is pending. They will be available early next year.

--
    Neat stuff. FYI on the multi tire rim sizes, pretty sure that would require a mold per size and molds are one of the biggest costs when producing something like this, two size options could double the price. I suspect 10in was used because it's a more common size on quads, which I'd assume people would use these tires on too and each customer has to buy two instead of one =).

--
    The tri trac fronts they made in the 80s were all for 10" wheels. This is an exact copy of the ones sold in the 80s, Hoosier was out spacing some of the old tires at Pine Lake this year.

The tires the reproduced are the narrow 5 rib tire that is more popular with the narrow tire race trikes, fat tire front end 250r and tecate owners probably wont see a wider 6 rib tire produced unfortunately. Price and release date hasnxt been posted yet, even the Hoosier dealers dont have an answer.

I heard they wanted to make these tires for a couple years but couldnt justify making a mold for such a niche market like us. Luckily for them and us, the rzr170 guys wanted a dune front tire so Hoosoer found their second, and probably much more profitable market. It even says this on the box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1576292003779.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	261029
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    If it's designed for the side by sides too, wouldn't that mean it has a heavier side wall than the orig design due to the extra weight which in turn makes the tire a little heavier?

--
    PS2fixer, I cant answer that. I can tell you the old ones are surprisingly heavy though. And the rzr170s are pretty small, I'd imagine the weight difference isn't that much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191214-131716_Messenger.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	895.5 KB 
ID:	261035
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //