//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ct street legal

--

ct street legal

hey all, i have a few questions about my trike and the law. i was given it by a friend, who didn't have any paperwork with it. is there a way for me to go to my dmv and get a replacement title, and if anyone can explain to me if i can have a street legal trike. i want to ride it around town and go to my friends houses with it, and that would only require main roads. thanks for the help.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    No there really isn't any way to make an off road only trike street legal in CT. I have a street legal trike but it was built from an XR650L street legal dirt bike, which means it already had a street title.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    lol,lol,lol... Here in CT??the great State of NO! ?? where if its fun it is either banned by name, or definition or its straight up outlawed or taxed so high its not worth trying to own it? lol... (Yes I am in CT also) gotta pay for the bridges and roads they neglected for decades so they could use the money to give away to their voters... How else they going to get it? Tolls for truckers only/ lol,lol,lol... Sorry but.. What Fabio said above is the only possibility for legal trikes!

--
    I didn't realize you were in Stamford... lol
    Unless your last name is "Malloy" you really cant do anything even slightly illegal! Yah this Blue State sux if you plan on having fun,, we dont even get a legal place to ride the trikes we do own. I get to zoom around my yard in 3rd gear and thats about it because I know as soon as the tires hit the street some cop is gonna be driving up my road and pinch me. i dont need that, not at my age... lol

--
    you might want to register it in North Dakota, people have registered dirtbikes w/o mso and gotten street legal plates. I don't know if atv's would be any different. However...if you do get a street title, reg and plate....be prepared to get harassed by cops alot and have the minimum required street stuff.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by deathman53 View Post
    you might want to register it in North Dakota, people have registered dirtbikes w/o mso and gotten street legal plates. I don't know if atv's would be any different. However...if you do get a street title, reg and plate....be prepared to get harassed by cops alot and have the minimum required street stuff.
    I was in Arizona back in April and may and was surprised to see Quads and side x sides legally street registered and driving around town... lol Now I want to move there!

--
    those quads/sxs aren't nationally street plates, some states orv registrations allows use on the roads, but NOT any kind of highway. What you want is it to be registered/plated as a motorcycle, in NJ, its hard to get plates on dirtbikes and NJ dmv does offer a registration, but its a ORV ONLY non road use, that includes any kind of use in state forests/wma. Once its technically a "motorcycle" then you will legally be able to put it on the road, but getting the right street equipment to not get tickets on lights, tires, signals, etc will be hard.

--
    No need for a title to get an ATV plate from CT, just provide a completed bill of sale and cough up sales tax and reg fees, Don't expect to get anything from DMV to make it street legal as that will never happen.
    Last edited by sledcrazyinCT; 01-04-2020 at 11:46 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //