//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Anybody make new ATC125m and 110 seats/pans/foams?

--

Anybody make new ATC125m and 110 seats/pans/foams?

For the ATC70s, there are tonnes of reproduction parts available.

Does anybody manufacture new seat pans, foams, or complete seat assemblies for the 1983-1986 ATC110 and ATC125M?

I fiberglassed one rusty pan for a 125, but looking for another.

Thanks!

--
    Not that I've been able to find, and I've been looking for years.

https://www.atcheaven.com/ used to have a listing for one but it showed unavailable and now the listing is removed... so it must be possible.

I think if someone could replicate them they'd do pretty good with sales.

--
    Ahhh, the elusive seat pan. You can still get foams and covers but will need to be pretty resourceful on the pans.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    The fiberglass worked pretty well, but I still need to replicate the "shark teeth" to attach the vinyl cover. I did an ATC70 pan before with fiberglass, and rivetted strips I made out of galvanized sheet with the teeth incorporated.

Who has the foams? Thanks!

--
    not hard guys, send a good pan or any part over to DC plastics and they can repo them. I had a few tecate things redon thru them. www.dcvmx.com

--
    Plastic would be great, especially if it takes staples. Would seem expensive to make a mold though.

--
    DC Plastics uses vacuum molding, like many other aftermarket plastic manufacturers. It is lower cost and doesn't involve the expensive machines and molds that injection formed plastic parts do.

I've got one of their front fenders on a motorcycle of mine. Vacuum molding doesn't exactly replicate stock parts, but gets them close. The size is generally off, fine details absent, finish not as smooth, and plastic thinner. For a rider, they are THE cost effective solution. Not fit for a true restoration. The overwhelming percentage of machines are riders, and the aftermarket plastic companies have consistently stepped up to the plate for real requests, including DC.

Injection molding is for high volume production with fine detail and intricate designs. I've worked as a mold machine operator in a injection plastic factory. Very expensive, large machines with equally large and expensive molds, that have to function within tight tolerances, tightly controlled temperatures, repeatedly, at high production rates, 24 hours a day. We produced parts for several brand name companies and all types of devices.

For a seat pan which structural, in that the fenders attach to it, I'd think it'd have to at least be a reinforced plastic. Better yet, carbon fiber. I've also worked in industrial fiberglass construction, inside of multi story chemical tanks and large diameter fiberglass industrial piping. Hand laying composites yourself, for a small one-off part, isn't that complicated. With the internet buying, shipping to your door and all the information available at your fingertips, it's easier than ever. Having a complete, good condition original part is what the aftermarket plastic companies need anyway. If you've got one, go for hand laying one yourself.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Where in canada are you? I might have one for a decent price. Might need a cover

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    not hard guys, send a good pan or any part over to DC plastics and they can repo them. I had a few tecate things redon thru them. www.dcvmx.com
    Can you PM me a phone number as I have reached out via email and never heard back. I have a couple items not in their catalog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    DC Plastics uses vacuum molding, like many other aftermarket plastic manufacturers. It is lower cost and doesn't involve the expensive machines and molds that injection formed plastic parts do.

I've got one of their front fenders on a motorcycle of mine. Vacuum molding doesn't exactly replicate stock parts, but gets them close. The size is generally off, fine details absent, finish not as smooth, and plastic thinner. For a rider, they are THE cost effective solution. Not fit for a true restoration. The overwhelming percentage of machines are riders, and the aftermarket plastic companies have consistently stepped up to the plate for real requests, including DC.

Injection molding is for high volume production with fine detail and intricate designs. I've worked as a mold machine operator in a injection plastic factory. Very expensive, large machines with equally large and expensive molds, that have to function within tight tolerances, tightly controlled temperatures, repeatedly, at high production rates, 24 hours a day. We produced parts for several brand name companies and all types of devices.

For a seat pan which structural, in that the fenders attach to it, I'd think it'd have to at least be a reinforced plastic. Better yet, carbon fiber. I've also worked in industrial fiberglass construction, inside of multi story chemical tanks and large diameter fiberglass industrial piping. Hand laying composites yourself, for a small one-off part, isn't that complicated. With the internet buying, shipping to your door and all the information available at your fingertips, it's easier than ever. Having a complete, good condition original part is what the aftermarket plastic companies need anyway. If you've got one, go for hand laying one yourself.
    It is relatively easy, but still time consuming. I did a couple where I just laid one ply of cloth on the top and bottom of the seat pan, with epoxy resin. Worked well, but need another still!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyg25 View Post
    Where in canada are you? I might have one for a decent price. Might need a cover
    PM sent. Thanks!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    It must be hard, if it was easy someone would have done it by now!

I sold my 110 to a friend and he patched the pan the best he could but mine would not have been good enough to use as a template.

DC does do nice work though, I hope someone can send them a good one to copy.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //