//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda 250 sx 1985 yessssssss

NDD is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

Honda 250 sx 1985 yessssssss

I love my machine and I am slowly getting it into much better condition than when i purchased about 4 years ago. I am searching for a non leaking gas tank and the little plastic trunk hatch mine is cracked. I have drained tank and brazed some leaks with success but new pin holes have appeared I have seen the clarke gastanks they are pricey though. Does anyone have these items for the budget restricted (HA) honda 250 sx lover that I am???? I check in here about once a week or so just to read what you guys have to say and I appreciate the knowledge shared!!!!!! PEACE

--
    It might not be the prettiest route, but you could braze it up again and buy a gas tank liner. I've heard red kote is good but looks to be pricey too. My dad used them on car gas tanks in the past for people after fixing holes.

https://www.dimecitycycles.com/red-k...SABEgIpF_D_BwE

Cheapest used tanks I've found is none lol, they seem to always be expensive. I generally buy a parts machine for my main machine when the right deal comes up. You could luck out though on craigslist or facebook market place, maybe post a wanted listing there with a photo of your 250sx?

If you really don't care about looks and such, you might be able to find a motorcycle gas tank to work. Most likely they won't mount right, but as long as the part the frame goes through is wide enough and it doesn't interfere with the steering, it should be possible to make it mount up one way or another. Like one of the 250es big reds I bought had a ATC200S tank on it, another machine I bought was a 250sx that had a ton of big red stuff put on it including the rear racks + fenders welded to the frame (it was sold as a big red, didn't see it was a 250sx till I got home and saw the frame/battery location). A 250es tank worked alright as a temp tank for that machine, the mounts were too wide in the front though and the steering wasn't too free (tank too long) lol.

Good luck on the search.

--
    I’ve got a spare plastic tank, how much are you looking to spend?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //