//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tecate experts... question

vroomy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Tecate experts... question

Starting my 85 tecate build. My first question is relating to the front suspension, will 86/87 forks fit the 85 triple clamps and hub? I know alot have done the whole suspension and wheel conversion but id like to retain the wide front tire and fender

--
    Unfortunately no they will not fit. 86/87 forks are 41 mm diameter and 84/85 i think are 38 mm diameter or something close to that so if you want to do it you will have to go to a machinist to bore the holes to 41 mm if there is enough material.another way is to make custom triples.Or go with the whole 86/87 front setup and forget the wide tire and fender,which is bolt on except you have to make an 'adaptor' to mount your radiator on the triples which is pretty easy if you know how to weld and make threads etc...

vroomy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Yeah think i need to get some custom triple clamps made. Hey did you get the money for that 86 rear shock link?

--
    Yes Tim i saw the payment, tomorrow i"ll get the bearings and Thursday i"ll ship it and send you the tracking,thanks a lot.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //