//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Newbie in need of help getting started

--

Newbie in need of help getting started

Posted this same thread in the other new member forum, not sure if I should have posted here or there, but decided to cover my bases as I am anxious to get started on a new endeavor here.

Looking forward to a new project (restoring to use and enjoy) a three wheeler. Getting out of the antique outboard motor restoration (not for profit) business/hobby, and looking for another....at least one for now anyway. Thanks in advance to those who may have the inclination to help with finding my project, parts for it, and technical assistance. I hope to be a good citizen member worth of your assistance.

My interest in 3 wheelers are those built and used for the more mundane tasks...the working class models, and the unique adaptations of such older characters. My primary focus will be to get some help in finding something like an old Commuter type model (or similar suggestions?) to purchase to get starter. Help Wanted...will post in classifieds as WTB.

Still have some old small outboards to sell to finance my first 3 whlr project purchase, so pardon the cheap plug, so if anyone who reads my intro here knows of any such 3 whlrs available my sincere appreciation.

Thanks,

Kyle the 3whlrwannabe

--
    If you want a commuter type trike, you could probably build easier than find one. If you are patient, you might find one on craigslist. There are other companies that had similar trikes, such as Manco. Manco built for a few different stores so they can be under different names. There is a Cenex (Manco) Rustler trike about an hour away from me on FB marketplace, if you live close to SD it would maybe be worth looking at. I advise that if you want to get into the three wheeler hobby, find a machine that has parts that are easy to find. Honda 185/200 stuff is a good place to start. Because you want a utility trike i will recommend a 200e (chain drive, high and low range, electric start) or a 200es (shaft drive, high and low range, reverse and electric start). The 200cc bikes were a staple for honda and parts are easy to find.
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //