//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC 125M engine cover/case...

--

ATC 125M engine cover/case...

Does anyone know what the left hand cover is made of? Is it aluminum? On my 125m a previous owner drilled out the screws/bolts for the recoil start and drilled oversize... not to mention looks like a tap is broke off in one.... wondering if I can have them welding up and then re-drill and tap.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D535343-91D3-40EE-9B5D-26361AF59753.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	261258

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrewer View Post
    Does anyone know what the left hand cover is made of? Is it aluminum? .... wondering if I can have them welding up and then re-drill and tap.
    The cover with the recoil assembly inside and what the rope comes out of is steel. The part that the recoil assembly bolts up to (where those holes are all boogered up in those pics) is part of the aluminum engine case

Yes you can have the aluminum case half welded up and redrilled/tapped

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Before paying someone to weld it up and redrill and tap the holes, I'd say check ebay for the same cover if it's an 84-85. 86-87 I suspect the parts are hard to find so might not be an option with the 2nd gen.

--
    Thanks guys, I went the route of just ordering a replacement cover...I didn't realize how easy it would be to find one...

--
    Yep no point in spending a ton of money when you can just buy a replacement =)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //