//ArrowChat Code

Thread: West Coast swing arm for 85 250r

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

West Coast swing arm for 85 250r

I have searched for answers but not found much info. Are there 2 styles of West Coast swingers? I have seen pics of 2 similar but different that both claim to fit 85 250r? the difference is where the shock linkage attatches.

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	235.5 KB 
ID:	261276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	252.5 KB 
ID:	261277[attach=Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (2).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	274.8 KB 
ID:	261278

the first pic is the more common. the second? maybe a clone?
    Last edited by gimmeamidget; 01-14-2020 at 02:00 AM.

--
    I'm not a Westcoast swingarm expert by any means, but when I see a Westcoast, I expect to see multiple mounting holes for the shock linkage.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    The top picture is a real Westcoast, the bottom picture is a replica arm built to somewhat mimic the westcoast swingarm. I can't remember the guys name, John something, but he was all over Facebook with those replicas. The shock mount is the dead giveaway. All real Westcoast 85-86 250r swingarms had the adjustable shock linkage inserts.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    The top picture is a real Westcoast, the bottom picture is a replica arm built to somewhat mimic the westcoast swingarm. I can't remember the guys name, John something, but he was all over Facebook with those replicas. The shock mount is the dead giveaway. All real Westcoast 85-86 250r swingarms had the adjustable shock linkage inserts.
    What's the point of a Westcoast swingarm that isn't adjustable?...... Then, it's just any other +/- aftermarket swinger, so why put westcoast stickers on it?

I'm just saying if I was going to copy a westcoast swingarm complete with decals, I'm going to actually COPY a Westcoast swingarm. It's easy enough to just go the extra mile......or copy some other swingarm.

Anyway, no big deal. To each, his own.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    What's the point of a Westcoast swingarm that isn't adjustable?...... Then, it's just any other +/- aftermarket swinger, so why put westcoast stickers on it?

I'm just saying if I was going to copy a westcoast swingarm complete with decals, I'm going to actually COPY a Westcoast swingarm. It's easy enough to just go the extra mile......or copy some other swingarm.

Anyway, no big deal. To each, his own.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    If I remember correctly he had special decals made that said Eastcoast on them.

--
    ^ That's exactly correct. I can't recall his name but he sold an old friend of mine one of them and the welds were horrific.

However, I think he got better in time. But, there's nothing like the original...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //