//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Customizing an atc 200

--

Customizing an atc 200

Hello, I’m looking for ideas on how to go about making wheel adapters or options to fit bigger tires on my atc 200 big red. I want to run 27 or 28 inch tires. Also what options or has anyone swapped to disc brakes front and rear? I’ve tried searching the forums but I’m unable to find what I’m looking for. I’d like to keep the rear carrier I got and modify a disc brake set up.
    My atc is chain drive so 200s,200e,200, 185 would be the same type of thing. I also have 4x150 bolt pattern

--
    Well, for the rear, the easiest way would be to buy some different hubs with the 4x110 bolt pattern. As long as the splinee size/count is the same, you could use hubs from a 200X, 250R, 300EX, 400EX, etc.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Well, for the rear, the easiest way would be to buy some different hubs with the 4x110 bolt pattern. As long as the splinee size/count is the same, you could use hubs from a 200X, 250R, 300EX, 400EX, etc.
    Do you know of a way to make wheel adapters or a disc brake conversion?
    How far off is the 250 ES front hub assembly, would it fit? Also are the forks interchangable on a 250 to 200

--
    I know that some people have made disc brake conversions for the 250ES at least. I'm pretty sure that the 250ES hub isn't interchangable. Without measuring, I have no idea if the forks would swap. If you had access to a lathe, I suppose that you could make your own adapters. You could also redrill your rim for a different bolt pattern. You'd have to be better than I am to get it right. i know that it's possible because the first 1980 ATC185 that I got had 14" front wheel drive car rims and tires on it. There wasn't any wobble to it. I even had another guy follow me and look at the rims. He couldn't see any sign of wobble.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //