//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1988 Suzuki RM80, 2-stroke Value?

--

1988 Suzuki RM80, 2-stroke Value?

A guy near me is selling the bike in the title (and pic) for $380. Says it runs good. My interest would be to resell it or part out for profit. I live in El Paso, TX. Is it a deal? I'd offer $250.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6551.jpeg  

Honda
    86 350X - Full Restomod
    85 250R - Next for Frame Up
    85 Big Red - Clean Original

--
    Just found out the kickstarter is broken. Did a quick parts check and looks like it may be a $50-$100 fix.

Honda
    86 350X - Full Restomod

--
    First off that's a DS80 not RM.

Cool little bike but not the value of the RM. If it were in pristine original condition it may be a $1500 bike to someone. If you restored it to original (that's not an original seat) with everything, etc...maybe $1000 plus to someone. A run around beater at the camp probability $300.

--
    Same answer to your quad flip question.

Good luck....part out is your best bet if the parts sell quickly

My nephew has a decent 1986(ish) RM125 in my garage that ran but needed carb sorted out because it was sluggish on the gas. We've been trying to sell it for three years asking just $500 and the best we've got was a whole bunch of "I'll be back on payday with the money" followed by the sound of crickets. I'm tired of tripping over it. Hard to believe nobody collects or restores old dirtbikes or even wants a cheap trail rider. If it ain't a damn 450 4-stroke then nobody wants it.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    That's not an rm80, it's a ds80. Worthless. Let it alone.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Hard to believe nobody collects or restores old dirtbikes or even wants a cheap trail rider.
    Oh there is a collector base......and pristine examples of older MX bikes go for crazy money.

The problem is restoring them. Unlike an old Harley or Triumph or anything CB....where you can patch and paint or re chrome.....on MX bikes the plastics are the cosmetics and there's just nothing around to be had. Sure you find some but even Maier is scarce for some models. That's why you'll see a restored old IT but it has Maier sides and that classic yellowing/browning gas tank.

--
    Went to take a look at...hard pass. Engine ran strong, but the guy admitted he bought it and did a quick job to resell. Don't want to put the effort into a part-out either. Thanks for the insights, gents.

Honda
    86 350X - Full Restomod

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //