//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Briggs Stratton 305cc 1450 Series Snowblower

--

Briggs Stratton 305cc 1450 Series Snowblower

Hey I have a Poulan snowblower I bought from Costco like 3 years ago. Last time I used it to remove snow was about 3 weeks ago. I always check oil before using it. This motor has manual pull start and E start to a 120 AC power supply wall outlet.

2 days ago I went to pull start the motor. She always fires right up but this time the pull starter chord did not pull out. It was stuck so I tried the E start and the motor for E start worked but same problem as the manual pull start. The motor would not turn. It had the same symptoms as seized motor.

Oil level is correct. Temperatures got down to 8 degrees before this happened. Fuel is fresh with stabil and I installed in line fuel filter and fuel valve.

The following day it was mild and the machine was in the sun. The pull starter pulled out the motor turns and runs perfect. Oil level is correct. Fresh synthetic 5W30 28 ounces as owners manual says.

So WTF was causing that motor not to turn ? Both E start and pull start same problem ? I opened the compartment in back to see if there was any mouse nest or debris. Nothing.

Could a mouse be the culprit ? I did see some minor debris in housing for pull start but nothing visible in there. I can not open the protective cover for pull start as they are pop rivets and no way for me to get the cover back on for pull start.

We do have a lot of field mouse here. I did see one run out of the snowblower when I rolled it backwards but I do not think a flywheel not turning or crank not moving is from a mouse.

Has anyone experienced this ? The techs at Briggs Stratton were stumped and the damn thing would turn over and run after my ballz exploded shoveling a 400 foot driveway front porch and rear porch and walkway.
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

--
    Sounds like you had some snow melt and get into an external area of the engine that froze up the last time you used it. Next time it happens try unthawing it with a hair drier or paint gun.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Sounds like you had some snow melt and get into an external area of the engine that froze up the last time you used it. Next time it happens try unthawing it with a hair drier or paint gun.
    yeah it was 8 degrees before this happened and now tonight 6 degrees. I was thinking the same thing as what you mentioned. Been a while since I logged in. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //