//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Need help with my starter.

--

Need help with my starter.

Had yet another big red come in,the starter used to work, i have dealt with this bike many times (belongs to a very close friend, i helped him get it running after it sat in the barn for 20 years). The starter quit working and he assumed that it was the solenoid, but that did not fix the problem. I happened to find a good starter on a parts i machine i acquired and told him i would be willing to install it. The new starter is good, i tester it before installing it and it works if i jump the solenoid. The old starter sounds like key in a blender. I made sure the battery was charged, (it was, it is only a few months old), turned the key got the neutral light on and when i pressed the button nothing happened. the neutral light did not dim, the solenoid did not click, and obviously the starter did not turn. I checked the wires and everything is connected, could the new solenoid be defective? I disassembled the handlebar switch assembly and cleaned it, still nothing. I know these have a main fuse by the battery, but i know it is good because all the lights work.
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    Quick update - I changed the solenoid and it made no difference it still doesn't even do anything but if I jump the solenoid it still starts right up
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    Maybe there's a broken wire between the start button and the solenoid. Check to see if you get power to the solenoid when you push the start button. If nothing there, check to make sure that you have power to the start button itself.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //