//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Need help figuring out what motor I have.

--

Question Need help figuring out what motor I have.

I have a Honda atc 200 motor but I don't know what exact model it is (e, es, m, s, etc.). It has electric start and recoil,5 speed no reverse, hi/lo, the pulse generator is on the cam, chain driven, it also has a green wire coming out of the back of the case right above the chain is that a neutral light? was told it might be a low oil light.
    Last edited by Grantmh; 01-26-2020 at 12:50 AM.

--
    The green wire should be a neutral light. These didn't come with a low oil light to my knowledge. It sounds like you have a 200M engine. The 200S was pull start only. The 200ES was shaft drive with high/low. The 200E was chain drive with high/low.

--
    If it has hi lo, electric start , chain and no reverse it is a 200e. If it has no hi low, with electric start it’s 200m. If it’s just chain , no hi lo, no electric start it’s 200s.
    Based on your description you have the hi lo model so it’s 200 E

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRoll View Post
    If it has hi lo, electric start , chain and no reverse it is a 200e. If it has no hi low, with electric start it’s 200m. If it’s just chain , no hi lo, no electric start it’s 200s.
    I can confirm this is Correct, how ever you forgot ATC200, and the ATC200s have similar motors ( 192cc, Pull Start only, no Hi/Lo ).

Simplified:
    82-83 ATC200e ( Big Red ) Chain drive, Electric and Pull start, Hi, Lo Range ( 25x12x9 Tires )
    84-85 ATC200m Chain drive, Electric and pull start ( 25x12x9 Tires )
    81-83 ATC200 Chain Drive , Pull Start only ( 25x12x9 Tires )
    84-86 ATC200s Chain Drive, Pull Start only ( 22x11x8 tires )

Howdy

--
    Yes the simplified list helps, I just scored 4 parts bikes that are all 200e,m, and a s haha

--
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRoll View Post
    You're right. I misread it as no reverse or high/low. I'm, sorry about that.

--
    There seems to be a lot of these style of posts lately. If you want to know the exact year and model of the frame and engine, plug in the VIN and engine serial number into my site linked below. VIN is on the neck of the frame and the engine serial number should be near the bottom of the crank case, like below the sprocket on a flat spot on the 200 engines. Most things didn't change a whole lot year to year, but it's nice to know 100% what you have and if the engine matches the frame since engine swaps are common. Some of the wiring and such changes based on the year.

Vin Decoder -> https://atvmanual.com/honda/interact...er-atv-and-atc

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //