//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Finally found that third wheel

--

Finally found that third wheel

Good day from the Beaver State aka Oregon

I've been two wheelin my WHOLE LIFE but finally broke down and bought me a wheeler I needed a cheap, lightweight basic hunting rig and my old man picked up a 1980 200m from the original owner, for ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! Runs pretty decent but rarely holds an idle. All original except the plastic gas tank and missing the headlight and related components. Plastics are all there, just alittle cracked here and there and oh and has ORIGINAL TIRES TOO dry-rotted but tubes hold for now.
    It's gonna be a fun project and them old Hondas kickass!

--
    Congratulations. I don't believe the 200M was made until 1985, definitely not in 1980. It sounds like a good project.

--
    Your right, its the 185 model haha very similar looking to me! Just fixed the seized up front drum brake this afternoon and diagnosed both front axle bearings as wonky-as-hell, need replacement..

Are the OE/name brand bearings really worth the $$$?

--
    Bearings can be a bit pricey. Put a new set of rear axle bearings in an 1986 200x, and they weren't too cheap. What was worse was that they did not come with bearing seals, although the listing said they did...Took a while to find a NOS set of bearing seals. I typically only use honda OEM stuff, aftermarket can be hit or miss about fitment. If i was you, i would try to find the correct OEM bearings, they will probably be the best and fitment is guaranteed. My other recommendation would be AllBalls, they have 185/200 front bearing kits for about $20. As for being a life time biker, you might have to break some habits to ride a trike.
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    Hopefully this will be a little bit of inspiration for you. Here's my "survivor" 1980 ATC185 with a 1984 ATC200S tank. It's pictured with the 1985 YTM225DR is used to have and a friend of mine. We were going out hunting for shed antlers.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	261399 It's not pretty, but it still has most of the original stickers on the racks.

--
    Right on! I plan on building a front and rear rack soon for rock hounding, hunting and camping. I like your setup, looks practical enough.
    All balls has worked well in the past on my GL1100 and concours so I'll probably go that route. Are timken oem?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //