//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Newish member saying hello, happy to be here.

--
    Defo some nice machines there. I'd like to take a FL250, FL350R, or FL400R for a test ride. Interesting machines even if handling isn't great as people say online atleast, can't be as bad as the budget go carts people drive around on.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Defo some nice machines there. I'd like to take a FL250, FL350R, or FL400R for a test ride. Interesting machines even if handling isn't great as people say online atleast, can't be as bad as the budget go carts people drive around on.
    People say three-wheelers don't handle well online too, but we both know they are all nuts

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    WOW..... Again...... More nice machines!

And not easy-to-find-resto-parts for those particular models, either

A Fatcat with all it's plastics and decals intact

And that's a BW350, right? Another dream machine of mine.... So are those FL's

You still have all this stuff?

BTW, we are all jonesing for some build threads in this place, so feel free to document and then post whatever you are doing. Doesn't need to be only trikes either. We have a category for everything. Love the Z50 too and your DR is calling my name.... Really, everything you posted pics of, I want

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    The DR's are great machines. I grab them up just about anytime I come across them. I have a 2010 rhino and a 2015 grizzly but the DR's are still my preferred ride/hunting transportation. Light, nimble and fuel economy is unmatched. I have almost all of the machines in the pics. A few have gone. Got out of the z50 game. Way too much to resto and then don't want to ride them. The FL's are a blast. I highly recommend. The FL350's are a bit on the pricy side and parts are a pain in the butt to get but the FL250'S are cheap and all parts are readily available. Bit of a rough ride but an absolute riot in the winter. Did this one up. Original owner machine. Full engine rebuild top to bottom, punched out to 72mm bore, new plastics and the DG exhaust. An absolute riot to drive in the winter.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150512_193447.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	261495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150512_193430.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	261496

--
    Have you had the FL400R? I figured if I was going to go for one, I'd hold out for that model. I really do like suspension =).

I get the feeling on the DR. I had a 1999 Yamaha Warrior 350 growing up, then I went in with my dad to invest in 5 honda 3 wheelers non-running, all just needed carbs cleaned. I got a 76 ATC90 and 84 ATC200ES for my $1000 investment. I rode that 84 200es so much more often than the Yamaha. The Yamaha always was cold blooded, electric start only so if the battery dies, no backup, and pretty sure it's a fair bit heavier (we bought the warrior new, always had those problems, electric start was always a problem too took 2 starters (under warranty) and a couple rebuild kits before it would last).

Just wondering, was there any electrical parts hard to find for the 350R? Sadly it's an 85, so the main harness uses the out of production CDI connector so I can't really reproduce those very well. The FL250's I have the later model harness already on hand, super simple harness I just haven't listed them yet.

--
    I got rid of the FL350. It was a pain to get new suspention and drive train parts as it was a one year machine. Would love to have an FL400 but one in decent shape goes for around the 10k mark around here.

--
    Wow and here I was thinking $5k was a lot for the FL400R. FL400R was only made 2 years, so probably not much better. Would be interesting to see the sales data on the FL models, see how many existed and what the parts pool might look like for used oem.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //