//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Decided to build a pit bike and put trike!

--

Decided to build a pit bike and put trike!

Howdy y'all! I'm Boedy. I've had tons of toys, and now I'm working on putting an ATC 125m motor in a CT90 frame, and a TRX125 motor into an ATC110 frame.

A little weird, but that's how it worked out. Last year, I rode my CB1100 to Barber vintage festival and by the time I got there I was severely dehydrated. Won't be doing that again. So this year, I'm planning on driving my truck with a cool little trike and CT90 to hop around on.

I really want to use the 125 engine mostly because of the electric start. So, I guess the first question I have is...

Does anyone have a simplified wiring diagram for the 125? I could figure it out, but would save me a lot of time if someone already has something.

I'll be going bare bones on both project, so any little safeties and stuff like that will be nixed.

Oh, and on a side note, I was plesently surprised that the TRX motor has reverse! Very cool.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

--
    PS fixer will most likely see this and give you some input on wiring.

This is for an ATC125M and not a TRX but I would imagine they are very similar and at leasts give you a starting point for making a bare bones harness. Good luck on your build!

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php/194-125M

--
    Here it is, in all its Glory!

--
    So, I'm currently trying to get spark. Took the TRX125 engine out and put it in the 110 frame. Transfered over the entire wiring harness without molesting anything. Can't get spark. I had spark while it was in the TRX frame. Neutral light is on, grounds are good, starter spins the motor, should have spark. The keyed ignition switch was no good, so there is a green ground wire, red power wire, black wire, and Black with white stripe.

I am twisting the red wire and Black wire together, this gives me power. From the pulse coil, I'm getting 45.8V AC, and when I select DC I'm getting 126 mV. So I'm guessing the pulse coil puts out AC voltage.

To the actual coil, I'm getting 6.8V DC, and 13.92V AC

I've tried two different coils, and nothing. I think maybe my CDI is bad.

Thoughts?

--
    Well, I figured out that the gap on my pulse coil was too big. Set it to the thickness of a business card, and I got spark...for about 2 seconds, then it just stopped sparking...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //