//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1986 250SX Value

--
    In the process of cleaning up a 250sx now. (Paid 0 for it. brake drum was locked up and they thought it was the trans) Couple things you should check/do before you start riding it:
    -Replace Drive line spring
    -New boot (15$ from partzilla)
    Drain and fill the rear diff; then drive a bit then drain and fill again.

Side note after the trike sat on the side of the house for 11 years with no tarp or anything on it, it fired right up on the 5th kick. And always starts first kick now. so not sure about your cold start issue. It is an 86.

jeopardy98 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I got a filter and some oil last night with 2 new NGK plugs. I also had a few minutes to pull the carb. Hopefully this weekend I can get it straight and start it up for the first time. We are supposed to get some snow tonight so I might have to get it running sooner so I can play in the white stuff.

I'm definitely feeling like I got a good deal even though I'm having to do a little work. I think of it more as preventative maintenance anyway. You never know how the last guy/girl cared for their machine.
    85 110- Sold
    84 70- Sold
    86 200x- Sold
    85 250sx- daily runner
    86 250r- current project (need parts)

jeopardy98 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    So I know this started as a what's it worth thread but just in case anyone stumbles across it... I pulled the carb and cleaned it all really well, put in a new plug, and changed the oil and filter. Once it was all put back together I turned on the gas, set the choke and hit the button. She roared to life and then 1/2 choke for a minute and then no choke and she idled perfectly. I can't wait to hit the snow in the morning.
    85 110- Sold
    84 70- Sold
    86 200x- Sold
    85 250sx- daily runner
    86 250r- current project (need parts)

--
    Congrats and enjoy!
    Mrc.

--
    Prices seemed to have gone up since March; I can't find anything descent for less than $1500. Found one that's lived on a ranch for 35 years. The guy wants $2100 for an 85 250ES. The only mod is a plastic fuel tank, otherwise looks excellent except for normal wear & tear. I found a 2nd bike that the guy wants $2800 for. It's a restored 85' 250SX that looks like new, but 90% aftermarket parts. Any advice would be nice.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //