//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC titles

--

ATC titles

Hi Guys new member
    I have a question does anyone know if Honda issued title for the ATC in 1980?
    Thank you

--
    pretty sure titles weren't issued until 1985 in arizona at least. We now have to get a ohv sticker to use state land, but you need a plate to get a sticker and you need a title to get a plate. so all these old 3 wheelers needs to get bonded titles unless someone in the past already got a title for it. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    it varies by state, some states issued titles, others no. But what you did get was a certificate of origin, as with all dirtbikes/sxs/atvs. The dealer printed the name and address of the person who bought it and there was 3 slots under it for transfers. Here is the kicker........the piece of paper is only good to the person who the dealer typed/printed the name on the back. It was intended for dealer transfers. Here in NJ, that piece of paper is only good if your name is typed/printed on the back from the dealer or you have notarized bill of sales going back to the owner that the dealer printed. I went through this mess trying to register my first quad. Everyone seams to think that its a "title", its not.

--
    In pa all we need is signed bill of sale from state, pic of vin and send it in for title. $27.50 for dcnr plate. I run vin thru state 1st before if its stolen be prepaired to be told so. Lost titles same way. Dirtbikes street bikes another animal. For under $30 I title every ATV or atc I grab from some kid with no title. It helps to sell since in pa alot of places want insurance to ride on their parks. That requires registration which requires a title. Toys from the city have no titles and are all stolen since dealer dont even sell in big city's anymore.

Peace out girl scouts

--
    I have the skinny, you might say, on titles dealing with Florida, Georgia and Alabama
    States like Georgia and Alabama, do not issue titles anymore for vehicles 30 years or older.
    Florida doesn't require titles pre 2002 to transfer ownership on ATC. meaning you CAN register a ATC with just a bill of sale and a clean run of the vin number through NCIS (online and free)

Be sure to include the phrase "To the best of my knowledge this vehicle has never been registered" this phrase allows DMV to issue a new title for the ATC, even if one has never been issued before on that bike, that gives you the permit sticker to ride on state and gov. land.

As it was told to me by my DMV July 10, 2020, all you need a bill of sale if bringing a atc into Florida from a states like Alabama or Georgia that doesn't require one OR a bill of sale stating it has never been registered if you buy with-in the state of Florida and need to change ownership. Always run the vin through NCIS before you pay for a bike. if it has been reported stolen or has a lien on it, that is a different problem.

MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Do you mean NICB though? https://www.nicb.org/vincheck

I looked for NCIS and I kept seeing some psyhcotic looking woman with black hair and ponytails.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //