//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Atc 350x oil questions NOOB warning

--

Atc 350x oil questions NOOB warning

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I would really like to learn.

I purchased a 350x and did an oil change. Used Valvoline wet clutch 10w40 motorcycle oil. No issues. I pulled the plug after a warmup, let it drain and added more oil through the dipstick area on the crankcase.

Here are my questions:
    Does the 1985 atc 350x use transmission oil?
    If it does how do I change it and what should I use?

The 350x uses an oil cooler and not a radiator. Is this drained when I change the oil?

I really appreciate the help.

--
    Sounds like you did the oil change correctly and you used the correct type of engine oil.

There is no separate transmission oil.

Your last question is a good one, I believe the oil stored in the cooler does indeed drain when you change the oil. I think when I changed my clutch years ago lots of oil came out of the lines when I disconnected them... But my memory is shot so take that with a grain of salt lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by floydechoes2000 View Post
    Sounds like you did the oil change correctly and you used the correct type of engine oil.

There is no separate transmission oil.

Your last question is a good one, I believe the oil stored in the cooler does indeed drain when you change the oil. I think when I changed my clutch years ago lots of oil came out of the lines when I disconnected them... But my memory is shot so take that with a grain of salt lol
    Thank you.
    Back story: I wasn't doubting myself until I overheard a conversation about someone changing the transmission oil in a trx450r. Then I was like what this isn't a car. There isn't a separate transmission fluid. I thought the whole point of wet clutch motor oil, was that the oil lubricates the transmission along with everything else.
    I thought it was better to be safe and call in the experts and maybe learn a thing or two.

--
    One cavity for the 350x oil were as the TRX and Crf 450r has 2 cavities for oil , motor and transmission are separate .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //