//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Watercooled 2nd gen 250r

gaby is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    No, no one way valve. It just relies on the principle that hot water rises and cold water sinks. When I first got it I wondered if it would actually circulate, and it does. The hot water rises from the front of the head to the top of the radiator, and the cooler water flows from the bottom of the radiator to the back of the head. The temperature difference between the hoses is significant. After doing some research I learned early cars and tractors worked on the same principle--they didn't have water pumps.
    Great info thanks !! I thought about using a snowmobile fuel pump driven by the +/- cranckcase pressure. I already mod one with bigger in/out lines. I wonder if it would circulate better then the thermosiphon. I never tried the setup sice I decided to go with the complete cr engine.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I actually bought a fl250 watercooled head a guy makes and sells on ebay to work with cr250 1980 cylinder. Im sure it woundlnt need much to fit his fl350 watercooled head on your 300 since it is the same bolt pattern. The fl250, 1980 cr cylinder and the atc all have different bolt patterns. The picture you posted is it on a 300 cylinder? Do you know the brand ?
    Yes same bolt pattern. This is a Rand brand on a 350 odyssey.
    250r rules

gaby is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    It must be an early one because his new ones are machined not cast. The one you posted looks much better than the one I have.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //