//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 84 Honda 200es Big Red Rear Brake Repair

--
    At least you got it apart.

I've got a spare final drive with a bent axle, and I wanted to remove the axle to have it straightened. After a fair amount of various penetrating oils, heat, and time, some even pneumatic, it didn't budge and has been sitting under a shop bench for several years. I looked at it yesterday, and still not even going to bother with it.

It's going to be one of those things I'll have to put in a large press, and when it finally lets go, there'll probably be parts flying everywhere like an explosion. Everything I put back together on these, get copious amount of anti seize grease.

The final drives on these seem be pretty tough, but things like replacing the rear brakes, often ends up being like your experience. Not a well thought out design for servicing.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Thank you all for the wealth in information you each have brought to the table, I search high and low and didn't find anything about what to do when the cover doesn't come off.
    The new bearing came in today, tonight I will reassemble and install the new brakes, I will take a few pics as well, you will not believe how nice the "Walmart Special" turned out
    I kept working on it while waiting for for the bearing, I decided to give it a whole new set of tires, she is a real beauty.
    I like the Ocelot tire 25x12-9 $54 each on amazon free ship, the tires mount up good ( i do them by hand ) so i can paint the wheels beforehand.
    I have used this tire a few times, They ride good and look like Original equipment.
    I could not find the internal round return spring so I am going to build a external coil type return spring like on the foot pedal. Should be pretty straight forward.
    Again, Thank you all
    MrC.

Ocelot Tire, split rim, painted hub/rim/fork
    This past Saturday, Scenes from my shop.

I have a idea on a Frankenstein build and not so much a restore I will start a new thread on that one....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200301_101125.jpg   20200229_191136.jpg  
    Last edited by MrConcdid; 03-02-2020 at 02:56 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Thank you all for the wealth in information you each have brought to the table, I search high and low and didn't find anything about what to do when the cover doesn't come off.
    The new bearing came in today, tonight I will reassemble and install the new brakes, I will take a few pics as well, you will not believe how nice the "Walmart Special" turned out
    I kept working on it while waiting for for the bearing, I decided to give it a whole new set of tires, she is a real beauty.
    I like the Ocelot tire 25x12-9 $54 each on amazon free ship, the tires mount up good ( i do them by hand ) so i can paint the wheels beforehand.
    I have used this tire a few times, They ride good and look like Original equipment.
    I could not find the internal round return spring so I am going to build a external coil type return spring like on the foot pedal. Should be pretty straight forward.
    Again, Thank you all
    MrC.

Ocelot Tire, split rim, painted hub/rim/fork
    This past Saturday, Scenes from my shop.

I have a idea on a Frankenstein build and not so much a restore I will start a new thread on that one....
    I'm glad I saw your post. I just got my 83 185s out of 12 year storage a couple months ago. Went through the carb and aftermarket rear suspension components, lubes the cables and checked the rear axle bearings for play and called it good. After seeing your post I decided to pull the rear drum just to see what shape it was in. Had to heat it up a bit and some but it finally came off after about an hour of work. Look forward to seeing your next build.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

--
    Here is the "Walmart Special" now with new bearing and brakes, the new rear tires will be here soon.
    The new Ocelot front tire is already on. Its ready to sale. It really is a shame to let it go.
    MrC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Walmart Right side.jpg   Walmart left side.jpg  

--
    Those Ocelot tires look plump!

Better than the Cheng Shin ones I have.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //