//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Which acts fit under a cab height box topper?

--

Which acts fit under a cab height box topper?

I am in the market for my first trike but I am trying to find out which models of the Honda atc can be transported in the back of my 2018 Silverado while the cab height topper is in place. Can anyone confirm which models fit? I almost purchased an 84 200 but the seller took a quick measurement and determined it was a few inches too short, so perhaps a 70 or a 110? Apologies for the typo in the thread title, cannot seem to edit or delete.
    Last edited by AlexP; 02-27-2020 at 02:56 PM.

--
    What kind of door do you have on the back of the topper? If it's cab height and the door goes most of the way to the top, I would think that you could get about any trike that you wanted to inside it. You can do things like lay the handle bars back to gain some room. You could even let most of the air out of the tires to help some. You could go as far as lowering your tailgate past horizontal. That may help as well.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexP View Post
    I am in the market for my first trike but I am trying to find out which models of the Honda atc can be transported in the back of my 2018 Silverado while the cab height topper is in place. Can anyone confirm which models fit? I almost purchased an 84 200 but the seller took a quick measurement and determined it was a few inches too short, so perhaps a 70 or a 110? Apologies for the typo in the thread title, cannot seem to edit or delete.
    How tall was it if you loosened and rotated or removed the handlebars? You can leave everything attached to the bars, just remove the bar clamps and they can be easily moved out of the way

I've loosed my handlebars on an ATC200s to clear a van doorway and a truck topper both

Deflate the tires helps too if you have a way to air then up upon arrival at your destination

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I bought a couple parts 200’s. I got a high rise cap on my truck, and the trikes will fit as long as you adjust the handlebars. Only 4 bolts so no big deal. You can leave the bars the same and just tip the bike a bit to fit the handlebars under the caps entrance

--
    If you've got something like a SnugTop, there's definitely going to be an issue getting past the door, even with the bars dropped.

It's doubtful anything with 25x12x9 tires will fit at all. You're best bet will be something with the 22x11x8 tires or smaller, and even then, it'll be tight. On my '79 F150 with the Ford topper, I fit my 200ES inside by lowering the bars and deflating the front tire. I used to compress the forks with a strap, but eventually started just deflating the tire instead. The door on that shell opens at about cab height, not at the top. The headlight guard still barely scrapes past. On a SnugTop type shell, the door opening is even lower.

If you're closer to 6' tall than not, riding a 110 isn't going to be pleasant unless you add taller seat foam and handlebars. They're just small. More so for the 70.

If you really want to keep that low profile topper, but want to load and unload things much easier, you may consider a TopperLift.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lift-only.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	261834

https://topperezlift.com/index.php/p...ting-kit-only/

It's just linear actuators, some generic brackets and a little wiring. A person could build their own for less than half that cost, but there's the convenience of just buying the kit and installing it.
    Last edited by ATC King; 03-02-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //