//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Webserver changes

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries

Webserver changes

Doing some changing around on the back-end of the webserver, moving to some new drives. I've been looking at and running a mirror site on the new setup for almost the past month trying to make sure everything was working right and think I finally got the last bugs worked out. This may help with some of the "too busy" messages from time to time although in 95% of those cases it was a ton of outside requests that werent legitmate, like from some Chinese and Russian IP addresses port scanning and trying to find vulnerabilities in the server so they could send email and such (seriously). But this move *should* be fairly painless for you guys, but if when we do it, anything acts funky or you can't get it operate as expected, send me an email, hondaatc@gmail.com or find me on FaceBook and I'll get it squared away.

--
    Thanks for keeping the board alive Billy!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Search is down and we're working on it, that's always been the most tempermental thing of this board and software. Let me know if anything else isn't functioning in the interim...

--
    Blog Entries
    And I think everything should be up and running again now. Thanks for the patience...

--
    Thanks for keepin her alive!!!!

--
    Awesome stuff, I've lost so many PM messages because of that too busy error.

Have you looked into any kind of DDOS protection, Cloudflare and such? You can also filter traffic with Cloudflare.

I'm on the free package, but I've designed my site to take advantage of the CDN (Content Delivery Network), the DDOS protection and auto filtering attacks etc is just icing on the cake.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Does this mean I'll be able to post gifs again?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Does this mean I'll be able to post gifs again?

That's got to be an issue with your individual browser and/or settings?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Hmmm.

When I post a gif and as of lately, the last couple of weeks or so, when I try to post a jpeg I get an "invalid file" message.

ETA: Just tried to post a gif from a saved file on my computer and from a url, still get the "invalid file" message.

I was able to post a jpeg from both sources now tho.....

Any ideas what I should look for in my browser or my settings? I can post gifs on other sites
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 03-15-2020 at 05:05 PM.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Blog Entries
    how big is the gif file? I don't think I have gif's as an approved upload file type. Just jpg png and pdf from what I remember. You should be able to host it remotely though, or use the gif smilies we already have?

--
    Smileys on the site work fine.

I'm not really sure the size of the GIF files that I tried to post, mainly they're just short little cartoons or joke type GIF that fit in with say the politics thread or the coronavirus thread.

ETA: This is what is in the Insert Image box:

Add an Image from your computer
    Allowed File types: jpg, jpeg, png, gif

I'll try a couple more and take note of the size and report back

ETA 2:

I tried a smilie similar to the ones we have, 4.8kb, invalid file

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-03-15 Are you doing anything different because of Covid-19 - Page 4.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	261906

Tried a gif from Family Man cartoon (I think), 154.5kb, invalid file

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-03-15 Are you doing anything different because of Covid-19 - Page 4(1).jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	261905
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 03-15-2020 at 08:44 PM.

--
    Blog Entries
    That's pretty curious - I'll be honest, I'm not sure I'll see if there is some other gif related setting or switch somewhere I'm not thinking of...

--
    I appreciate it Billy!, Thanks for all the hard work you do to keep this ship afloat!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //